TP-Link Archer C6 V2 bricked? unidentified network, only power led

Hello.

I probably make mistake with force flash official firmware thru OWRT Luci GUI v19.07.1.

Now under Windows I get unidentified network (wire) without IP assigned and on router only Power LED shining (not blink even once) and reset button is unresponsive.
Connected with wired cable but only Power LED shining. If I try powering router off/on, all leds blinks once and then only power led stable shining without blinking.
TFPD cant access router without IP

pls help, thx

Definitely, not probably. You need to TFTP the official firmware to unbrick the router (since the partition layout is most likely toast) and reinstall OpenWrt.

1 Like

thanks for answer ... but HOW connect with TFPD if no communication between router and PC? "unidentified network" means no IP assignet, and whats more only power led stable shining without blink

I know the drill... static IP 192.168.0.66 and TFPD64, rename recovery file in root folder etc. hold reset and power on, but file not uploading to router

Did you read the link posted by @rsalvaterra ?

Screenshot from 2020-03-03 15-23-17

yes, this is standard TFTP recovery I did it successfully before with another C6, but never with "unidentified network" and only one Led

sadly nothing is uploaded (downloaded by router)

Without JTAG, if the bootloader itself is damaged, there's nothing else you can do, aside from desoldering the SPI chip and using an external programmer to reflash it (and that's assuming the original firmware image also contains the bootloader).

1 Like

so ... in the IT service they fixed this router in five minutes with TFTP and official firmware ...!
no need for special treatment, no serial, but classic TFTP

I dont know what I do wrong ... because some connection between network card and router exists according to Wireshark packets. But on my PC Win10x64 admin (def. Firewall) I have zero communication / LOG with TFTP.

Official firmware means you recovered the device to use the TP-Link firmware? This is what I am trying to achieve without any luck so far. Any pointers on what to do would be super appreciated.

yes, but with 2018 firmware... I managed it too once before, but not this time... whats more 2018 firmware cannot be found so easily anymore
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/19-07-build-for-archer-c6-v2/41118/53