TP-Link Archer C2600 performance with 17.01.4

Absolutely not true.
Right now on 17.01 I can get over 200 Mb/s with SQM ON.
On 18.06 I can't really get 100 Mb/s with cake.

I don't know what they broke but in my case even software HW NAT (enabled in firewall) doesn't help.

Hey Klingon...

Wondering your settings were on your C7? I never got close to that w SQM on on mine. Should go off thread, but wanted to get a quick one in there....

My C7 v2 was able to reach about 250 Mb. with SQM ON. Now is running as dumb AP.

Hi @r43k3n

Have you tried lastest versions of 18.06 in your C2600)?
My C2600 is running stock firmware waiting for better times in OpenWRT/LEDE.

My C7 v2 is running (now as AP, before as router) overclocked to 1 Ghz.

[    0.000000] Clocks: CPU:1000.000MHz, DDR:760.000MHz, AHB:380.000MHz, Ref:40.000MHz
[    0.000000] clocksource: MIPS: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 3822520893 ns
[    0.000005] sched_clock: 32 bits at 500MHz, resolution 2ns, wraps every 4294967295ns
[    0.008501] Calibrating delay loop... 498.89 BogoMIPS (lpj=2494464)

what about delay loop? varies among different architectures? note that 24KC OCed to 1GHz is 666 BogoMIPS. what OC method did you use?

Take a look here: [Solved] Archer C7 V2.0 Overclock

That's the method I used.

Ah, overclocked.... Another question, were you look at top, and checking for 0% idle? Mine at stock speed would deliver up to 250 or more, but with it hard on 0% idle, throttled back to 120-140 would leave a bit of resources.

Now, with 18x.x, or even 17.01.6, it seems like that's dropped to 80-90 over the wifi.... but that's another mystery

I'm running LEDE 17.01.6 and I haven't seen any wifi speed decrease.
My AP is working like a charm. (5 Ghz. band).

Take a look here: [GCC 7.2 BUILD] Optimized TP-Link Archer C7 V2 AC1750 LEDE Firmware

How about you C7 guys create your own topic.

On topic, I'm running latest git and maxing out my 350/350 Mbit internet connection without breaking a sweat.

If you would like to try my build have a look here: Optimized build for the TP-Link C2600 / Netgear R7x00 / Linksys EA8500

1 Like

Not really, no.
I'm still on 17.01.5 - that's my own build.

Well, have to say I misspoke, after thinking back it was only the 18 release that performed much slower on eth and wifi.

17.01.6 is noticeably slower also, under my eternally variable cable connection, as the home router/NAT/AP. But more like 10-20%, not 40-50%

And, my apologies to the group, I was responding to Klingon thru email, and not realizing it was being echoed in the forum.. will watch for that from now on...

Hi @sjanulonoks you are not using irqbalance package for some reason?

Hi all, I know this is an old thread but any know how to tune the last stable build 19.07.1 for better performance? I get almost half of dl/ul speeds as my connection can do even with flow offload enabled. And connection is not even gigabit, it is 300 mbps, while I get some 150 mbps :frowning:

In my case running c2600 & OpenVPN, I popped this in rc.local and immediately noticed a difference in consistent throughput:

echo 35 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
echo 10 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_down_factor

I've been using this since 18.06.x, and now 19.07.1 with the same result.

edit: Download speeds were only affected when using the VPN.


@otnert thanks alot, that helped top my connection through wired (actually better than on stoc firmware) 299-300 mbps and wireless is also similar about 290+ mbps.

What is this actually doing to cpufreq? Is this like an overclook? Seems to be messing with the kernel ondemand governor...

Wow that's great! I wasn't sure what your result would be but I'm extremely surprised. I'm on a 50/20Mbps connection and it peaks this with ease.

Since using this tweak in conjunction with OpenVPN, it was the only setting that improved throughput to 95-100% of WAN line speed.

-means the CPU needs to be on average more than 35% in use to decide that the CPU frequency needs to be increased

-improves performance by reducing the overhead of load evaluation and helping the CPU stay at its top speed when truly busy

more info here:

just reporting in: I had similar issues on a 300/30 mbps line only reaching a maximum of 210-220 when connected through the router. using this I just managed to get to sweetspot of 300.1mbits. thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.