TP-Link Archer C20 v4 build failed

Hello!

From few days building latest from source failed. Today i was able to debug it and here is what happens:

/home/peter/sources/openwrt/staging_dir/host/bin/lzma e /home/peter/sources/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt76x8/tplink_archer-c20-v4-kernel.bin -lc1 -lp2 -pb2  /home/peter/sources/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt76x8/tplink_archer-c20-v4-kernel.bin.new
[ -f /home/peter/sources/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt76x8/tplink_archer-c20-v4-kernel.bin -a -f /home/peter/sources/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt76x8/root.squashfs ]
/home/peter/sources/openwrt/staging_dir/host/bin/mktplinkfw2 -H 0xc200004 -W 0x1 -w 0x4 -F "8Mmtk" -T 3 -V "ver. 2.0" -a 0x4 -j -k /home/peter/sources/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt76x8/tplink_archer-c20-v4-kernel.bin -r /home/peter/sources/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt76x8/root.squashfs -o /home/peter/sources/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt76x8/tmp/openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_archer-c20-v4-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin.new -s -e
[mktplinkfw2] rootfs offset aligned to 0x2041900
[mktplinkfw2] *** error: images are too big
make[5]: *** [Makefile:208: /home/peter/sources/openwrt/build_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/linux-ramips_mt76x8/tmp/openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_archer-c20-v4-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin] Error 255
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/peter/sources/openwrt/target/linux/ramips/image'
make[4]: *** [Makefile:23: install] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/peter/sources/openwrt/target/linux/ramips'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:11: install] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/peter/sources/openwrt/target/linux'
time: target/linux/install#37.67#4.99#41.22
    ERROR: target/linux failed to build.
make[2]: *** [target/Makefile:25: target/linux/install] Error 1

Is there an way to see what is too big please?

You can check your list of packages, all packages included in your image are available separately as well. So you can easily see what's a big fish and what's not. I recall such errors stating the amount of kB that exceeded the image limit though, but maybe that's dependent on the manufacturer (since this is TP-Link specific code).

The first things people usually strip are PPP of you don't need it, and LuCI.

I've found what was caused this.

Seems that on make menuconfig i setup large packages to be built-in and they're going out of limits for 8MB Flash.
When i change router - same packages are compiled over and over.

Issue is fixed since i remove that packages.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.