Tp-Link Archer C20 v4.1 & 5GHz...

hi
my dear friends and developers. I read the information on the main page, that my device does not support Openwrt with the 5Ghz function. How relevant is this information at the moment? What are the perspective? How long do you think drivers will have to wait for 5Ghz? Does it make sense to flash my device today?
tks

Hello @dttars02
It now does support. For a while 5Ghz was not supported in TP-Link Archer C20, but then the issues in MT76 drivers have been fixed and it works fine.

I think the issue is that the wiki is not always updated so frequently and not always correspond to what really is.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Archer C20 bricked

How Can I enable 5Ghz and run it?
Archer C20 V4

Use snapshot version. Compile (Openwrt wiki maybe help) or download an pre-compiled version in download page.

Would you send me the direct link please?! appreciate it

You meant that download and update router from this link

http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt76x8/openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_archer-c20-v4-squashfs-tftp-recovery.bin
then download it http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt76x8/openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_archer-c20-v4-squashfs-tftp-recovery.bin
and upgrade?!!

Weird what happened... I flashed the last version of Openwrt on my Archer C20 V4. Works fine on 2.4ghz on WDS. But the 5ghz band does not work. It sees it when scanning, connects to it. But is not able to repeat it. My modem-gateway transmits in bands 2 and 4, no DFS.

Sorry for ‘necro-bumping’, but I cannot understand whether I can flash this version 4.1 from its stock firmware to OpenWRT. As if there won’t be 5Ghz, I’d rather stay on stock, will all respect to this community and its beautiful firmware. On the other hand, if it’s supported in 21.02.3, then hands down I’m all for OpenWRT. I did my research, but couldn’t understand the current status of 5 GHz on this router.

5Ghz is working on this router on version 21.02.3, but on the latest version 21.03.0 not. If you want to test Openwrt on your router, pass the TP-Link Archer C20 v4 recovery firmware through tftp. Do not update directly from the stock UI or you will soft-brick your device.