TP-Link Archer A6 V2 (US) with firmware 21.02.03

Hello!

Can anyone confirm that openwrt-21.02.3-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c6-v2-us-squashfs-factory.bin will successfully install from the TP-Link GUI. My current TP-Link version is 1.18 (US).

The US versions are not mentioned in the table on the Device page (Archer C6 v2) and it appears @SoundreameR has bricked his. ( TP-Link Archer A6 v2.0 (US) - Complete and utter brick)

Also is there a way to revert to the Factory TP-Link firmware?

Mine was also 1.X, don't remember which version exactly, but it was from 2018, so might be the oldest available firmware. I didn't bother to update the OEM firmware before attempting to flash OpenWrt.

Later on in my research on how to recover the router I found this: https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_c6_v2#flash_using_web_interface and that might be a clue about what went wrong... However, my OEM GUI did not complain about the filename, nor the signature of the binary. It straight on started flashing and died.

@SoundreameR , yes I have seen this. Seems like unlike the A7\C7 this device has not much audience and being an AC1200 it's understandable, not much price difference.

Unfortunately the TP-Link Archer C6 v2 page and many of the posts do not do a good job of clarifying content applicable to specific location versions.

I too got mine "pre-owned" and FWIW, if has a label on the bottom that says HW V 2.1 even though the GUI says HW 2.0

Anyone else?

@SoundreameR
Did you ever recover the device?

Thus far, no. But in all honesty, I haven't tried anything invasive yet. When I have the time I will disassemble the device and poke around. Settled for a second-hand (or third, who knows) Archer C7 v2 I found locally for 15$.

Thanks for the update.
I expect that the C7 is easier to manage and has much broader support.
The A6 was to cheap to pass up