Too many openwrt bugs 19.07.0-rc1

too many bugs in OpenWRT 19.07.0-RC1, maybe 19.07.0-RC1 is not suitable for use.

Do you have a list or is this a question?

2 Likes

questions, but I've reported everything on Github

That's why it's a RC an not a FINAL...

4 Likes

I hope the OpenWRT developer will release a stable version soon

You need a few RC's to iron out the kinks. That being said, I've been running 19.07 myself for multiple months now and no stability or wireless issues so far. Whey issues are reported skulls should be investigated of course. Better quit the fearmongering though, your census of one does not mean it's broken for everyone.

Every product in every field out there releases with bugs.

You don’t see any of the triage on GitHub or Flyspray. One of the reasons 19.07 was so delayed was to resolve bugs deemed important enough to resolve for the release.

2 Likes

I'm always on latest master branch. Who needs stable releases? :wink:
Rolling Release 4tw.

These only go well together with upgradeable systems. I wonder how much fun your average rolling Linux desktop distro would be if you'd had to "dd" the new filesystem and reinstall all packages every few days.

8 Likes
WARNING: Makefile 'package/feeds/luci/luci-app-cifsd/Makefile' has a dependency on 'cifsd-tools', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/feeds/luci/luci-proto-modemmanager/Makefile' has a dependency on 'modemmanager', which does not exist
tmp/.config-package.in:104620:error: recursive dependency detected!
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
tmp/.config-package.in:104620:symbol PACKAGE_nfs-kernel-server depends on NFS_KERNEL_SERVER_V4
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
feeds/packages/net/nfs-kernel-server/Config.in:4:symbol NFS_KERNEL_SERVER_V4 depends on PACKAGE_nfs-kernel-server

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.