TL-WR841ND bricked?

Hello, I got a TP-Link TL-WR841ND V7.2. It was working very well with Openwrt 15 if I'm corret. I just tryed to upgrade inside Luci and I think I got it brincked (guess).

The power led starts, after that ethernet "port 1" blinks a bit. Finally all light turn on and the process restart. I've tryed over and over, but can't enter failsafe mode.

Really need help. I can't even listen from tcpdump.

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/troubleshooting/failsafe_and_factory_reset is the first thing to try, if that doesn't work…

If you're lucky (although the device page only seems to grant that luck to v8 or higher), tftp push-button recovery might be an option, otherwise you'll need serial console access.

I'm trying to get it work with the respective link, however, I can't enter failsafe mode.
Will serial be the only way?

If you can neither get failsafe, nor push-button tftp recovery to work, yes - but keep in mind the total value of your device (<20 EUR new/ delivered, it's hard to justify a fiver (local/ quick delivery) for a 3.3V USB2serial adapter for such a device, which doesn't come with a success warranty either and might involve rather tricky soldering (TP-Link likes to cut the rx traces, requiring you to add a SMD bridge/ zero-ohm resistor)).

You do have a point. I found a Profilic in the drawer and decided to give it a try. I was avoiding serial connection, but it was surprisingly easy. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.