TL-WR841N connect as repeater

Hey.

I am quite a newbie when it comes to network setups. Maybe you can help me.
I have a TP-Link TL-WR841N/ND v10 (Qualcomm Atheros) router with OpenWrt 18.06.9 installed and I try to setup the TP-Link to increase my area of wireless network at home. So the WiFi signal should be extended to far away rooms of my main wireless router. The main wireless router is connected to the internet and the TP-Link should connect to the main router while the clients can connect to the main router network or the network of the TP.-Link. I've read with the Qualcomm Atheros it is better to use WDS?
My setup looks like so:

It seems working now but I am not sure if I did everything wrong. Especially with the firewall I didn't know what to choose.

My other problem is that my OpenWRT doesn't seem to have internet access. I cannot get any packages from the web. Anyone any idea why?

The IP address you used is not valid. Use 192.168.178.2 or some other available. A dns is also needed, in case you haven't assigned one.

Thanks for having a look on it. My access point is set from 192.168.178.0 to 192.168.178.2 and it seems to have internet connection now.
Can you explain why 192.168.178.0 is not valid? My main router (the 62 % connectivity wireless connection in the screenshot) where I connect to and has the connection to the internet is on ip address 192.168.178.1
I also want to set the DNS inside the main router. The repeater (the 100 % connectivity) should be as stupid as possible just repeat the WiFi signal. I set 192.168.178.1 in "DNS forwardings".

.0 is a network address not a host address.

1 Like