TL-WPA8630P V2 Boot loop after sysupgrade

I think "I've fix it!" - hopefully not for ever, but...
No uboot or any other kind of life signals on serial and also the LEDs are gone.
:roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

So, I think I'm not alone about this problem with the web failsafe.

Uploading the stock image doesn't change anything and I can't upload the openwrt image, as the system says the image is invalid.

I bricked mine in this operation :smiley: :man_facepalming:

Now when its plugged into power a red lite flashes for a fraction of a second and that's it.

I think now the only solution is to write the firmware directly to the chip.

Luckily I have a CH341A USB programmer with a SOC8 cable and I am able to connect the chip to it, but the software doesn't recognize it and there is no where in the list of chips in the software. I have only BV, CV and FV variants of this chip.
...and

mine is Winbond 25Q64JVSIQ aka 25Q64JV.

Maybe using this tutorial, or other (I am still looking for a good one) that can apply to my situation.

Hmm. It looks that I'm gonna need a full dump of the chip from someone :expressionless:

How is the procedure to obtain one? Is there someone who has it, or who can get one for me, or for all the users here that might be in need?

Still don't believe I have reached this point of failing :frowning: :expressionless:

I had to use flashrom v1.2 for this (using Raspberry Pi). flashrom v1.1 didn't recognize the chip.

# flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0 -r WPA8630_v2_stock.rom
flashrom v1.2 on Linux 4.19.97-v7+ (armv7l)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org

Using clock_gettime for delay loops (clk_id: 1, resolution: 1ns).
Using default 2000kHz clock. Use 'spispeed' parameter to override.
Found GigaDevice flash chip "GD25Q64(B)" (8192 kB, SPI) on linux_spi.
Reading flash... done.

I'll send you a copy of my ROM (Model TL-WPA8630P(EU) Ver: 2.0)

1 Like

Hello @jwmullally,
indeed. My setup of RPi didn't get the chip. I will upgrade flashrom to v1.2.

I will give this a try.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.