TL-WDR4300 Stability issues with Reboot (17.01.2, r3435-65eec8bd5f)

I'm a long time user of OpenWRT and upgraded to LEDE and I'm noticing stability issues with the 17.01.2 release. My router is sporadically rebooting it seems.

root@tplinkgate:~# uptime
23:31:11 up 1 day, 16:17, load average: 0.22, 0.76, 0.56
root@tplinkgate:~#

WDR-4300 routers. I have two of them. My second is up longer

root@tplinkrepeater:~# uptime
23:33:07 up 12 days, 4:52, load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00
root@tplinkrepeater:~#

another sporadic reboot

BusyBox v1.25.1 () built-in shell (ash)

_________
    /        /\      _    ___ ___  ___
   /  LE    /  \    | |  | __|   \| __|
  /    DE  /    \   | |__| _|| |) | _|
 /________/  LE  \  |____|___|___/|___|                      lede-project.org
 \        \   DE /
  \    LE  \    /  -----------------------------------------------------------
   \  DE    \  /    Reboot (17.01.2, r3435-65eec8bd5f)
    \________\/    -----------------------------------------------------------

root@tplinkgate:~# uptime
 15:20:39 up 6 min,  load average: 1.16, 0.61, 0.29
root@tplinkgate:~#

Mine has been up for 52 days...

I think it may be related to local logging to disk (flash) so I turned it to a server in case space is full to see if it stabilizes. Unfortunately my syslog on my nas isn’t working properly right now

TL-WDR4300 has notorious issue with RAM Stability on Default Clock for Certain Chips

I never had the stability issues with OpenWRT before. I'll see how changing the syslog logging from the local flash to network effects things

I tried swapping my primary TL-WDR4300 (my internet gateway router) with my secondary TL-WDR4300 (used as a wired AP in other end of my house; originally setup as a WDS wireless bridge using Atheros chipset in my old house) on the weekend and now my problem moved hardware but stayed in place logically

That is, now my repeater TL-WDR4300 reconfigured as my gateway and installed in place where the gateway was located is now rebooting after about 2 days since I swapped them. My gateway device now configured as my repeater AP is up 2 days, 12:50 The new gateway was rebooted around same time and now up 5:38

So this points to something software related that is triggering this reboot perhaps due to network load or something

I never had problems prior on OpenWRT Chaos Calmer

I hope this can be resolved soon and I can help provide logs if possible but having difficulty getting my Synology NAS to route to syslog-ng to export logs as text like I had with old DSM versions to see if I could capture the logs prior to reboot. synology stores in a DB format and before could have syslog-Ng read socket and put in text format

BTW, using 17.01.3 now

still getting reboots and I said never had issues with OpenWRT and just started with LEDE. I hope this is addressed soon within LEDE or the rebirth as OpenWRT Next Generation

Is there any workaround for this RAM stability issue you mention or perhaps the clock rate can be changed, etc?

At this point I'm investigating new router/AP solutions including maybe going to MikroTik with Ubiquti UniFi AC Pro access point instead of OpenWRT.

I like the OpenWRT/LEDE project and would like to stay on it but if I was going to buy a MikroTik RB750Gr3 for example why would I put OpenWRT on it and sacrifice for some of the advanced features that RouterOS can support that they likely haven't implemented in OpenWRT/LEDE.

OpenWRT/LEDE is good for overcoming deficiencies in the native firmware that come with consumer routers.

Using 17.0.1.4 and rebooting every 2-3 days guaranteed on either TL-WDR4300 that I have and before they were up for months on OpenWRT Chaos Calmer or other releases.