Tl-wdr4300: il?

Hi all.
I 'd like to test my TL-WDR4300 with LEDE.
I've found there are two "flavors" of LEDE for my router.
One is called "lede-17.01.1-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr4300-v1-il-squashfs-factory.bin" and tghe other one is ""lede-17.01.1-ar71xx-generic-tl-wdr4300-v1-squashfs-factory.bin". Just an "il" of diference! :slight_smile:
Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't find any information about the differences.
Any hint?
TIA.

il means Israel dedicated version.

1 Like

Sorry, I don't get it: my fault.
Is that a RTL GUI or is it different hw?
In the latter case I need to check the label, though.

None ot them :slight_smile:, it's about the region code baked into the LEDE firmware to be able to install on a region locked TP-Link firmware. So, if you want to install LEDE on an IL locked TP-Link firmware, you use this specific region-coded firmware. There can be four Factory Flavours images: EU, IL, US, and "no-country".

1 Like

Thanks for the insight!
Unluckily, there are only 2 flavours: IL and non-IL.
I just double-checked on both 17.01.0 and 17.01.1.
Thanks a lot anyway!

You know that you do not require unconditionally a region-baked firmware. Did you try the "no-country" flavor and got a "Error Code: 18005" error ?

It'd be hard to get any error message as I have not installed the image yet! :wink:
You talked about 4 flavors but I have found only two. That's it.
And, as I am not going to use those boxes in Israel, I think I'll go with "the other one".
Thanks.

Yeah, when I said there can be, what I meant is up to... At least that I know of for the Archer C7 v2 which has all those flavors, other targets could have more or less.

I still have the feeling that you think that this image is to be used in Israel, which is not the case. When your router's firmware is region-locked, which means that the software is checking for a specific region signature when flashing, then you use the LEDE firmware with the accordingly region-baked lock. After the flashing process you can use a generic firmware.