TL-MR6400 lte problem

Hi!

I've already looked around a fair bit, but couldn't find a solution. OpenWrt v. 23.05 hardware v.4

I got the modem to connect, with some packets on the RX and TX so the APN i think is correct. from SSH i can see that sometimes i get an IPv4, but in the config. tab of the LTE interface i dont see nothing.

The modem works perfectly, tried with SMS too. I think that there is some misconfiguration in the interface. Any help would be accepted!

Please see
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/wwan/ltedongle

okay. Looking it rn. Thanks!

Ok. I did it a few times, but with no luck! here are some pictures.. maybe i can get some more helpful links / suggestions

2024-06-16 14_13_15-OpenWrt - LuCI

Looks like you're connected?

Is the wwan interface in the wan firewall zone ?

Yes, the interface is in the wan zone

There is no need to use pictures and run uqmi manually.
If you want to show the current state of the interface, post the output of ifstatus {interface name} as formatted text.

Add to the interface configuration: option dhcp '0'
and restart the interface.

If the problem persists, connect to the modem from a terminal app like picocom and run the following commands:

AT+CGDCONT?
AT+CGPADDR

Show the result.

root@OpenWrt:~# ifstatus wwan_lte
{
        "up": true,
        "pending": false,
        "available": true,
        "autostart": true,
        "dynamic": false,
        "uptime": 41,
        "l3_device": "wwan0",
        "proto": "qmi",
        "updated": [
                "data"
        ],
        "metric": 0,
        "dns_metric": 0,
        "delegation": true,
        "ipv4-address": [

        ],
        "ipv6-address": [

        ],
        "ipv6-prefix": [

        ],
        "ipv6-prefix-assignment": [

        ],
        "route": [

        ],
        "dns-server": [

        ],
        "dns-search": [

        ],
        "neighbors": [

        ],
        "inactive": {
                "ipv4-address": [

                ],
                "ipv6-address": [

                ],
                "route": [

                ],
                "dns-server": [

                ],
                "dns-search": [

                ],
                "neighbors": [

                ]
        },
        "data": {
                "cid_4": "2",
                "pdh_4": "-513110384"
        }
}

Above is the ifstatus command before any changes..

root@OpenWrt:~# ifstatus wwan_lte
{
        "up": true,
        "pending": false,
        "available": true,
        "autostart": true,
        "dynamic": false,
        "uptime": 27,
        "l3_device": "wwan0",
        "proto": "qmi",
        "updated": [
                "addresses",
                "routes",
                "data"
        ],
        "metric": 0,
        "dns_metric": 0,
        "delegation": true,
        "ipv4-address": [
                {
                        "address": "10.10.127.189",
                        "mask": 30
                }
        ],
        "ipv6-address": [

        ],
        "ipv6-prefix": [

        ],
        "ipv6-prefix-assignment": [

        ],
        "route": [
                {
                        "target": "0.0.0.0",
                        "mask": 0,
                        "nexthop": "10.10.127.190",
                        "source": "0.0.0.0/0"
                }
        ],
        "dns-server": [

        ],
        "dns-search": [

        ],
        "neighbors": [

        ],
        "inactive": {
                "ipv4-address": [

                ],
                "ipv6-address": [

                ],
                "route": [

                ],
                "dns-server": [

                ],
                "dns-search": [

                ],
                "neighbors": [

                ]
        },
        "data": {
                "cid_4": "2",
                "pdh_4": "-512166560",
                "zone": "wan"
        }
}

This is after the edit. On the GUI i can see it got the IP from the cell tower, but my RX is at 0. Tx is fine.. i can't get access to the serial as it's not recognised and i don't have memory for other packages..

Looks like you have no dns-servers configured.
You can try to manually add Googles dns-servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Thanks everyone for the quick answers, but mr. @AndrewZ solved my issue. I had to add that line and set the intervface to IPv4/6 and it worked. Thanks everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.