Tl-mr3420 router using Android hotspot

I am trying to use a tp-link tl-mr3420 to share the internet connection given by an Android Honor-6 smartphone hotspot. I installed the firmware and now I have the following configuration:

|Model|TP-Link TL-MR3420 v1
|Firmware Version|LEDE Reboot 17.01.5 r3919-38e704be71 / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-18.180.55366-b78664c)|
|Kernel Version|4.4.140|

I followed the instruction found in https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/atheroswds but I am not able to connect to internet from my pc. If I configure the wireless interface of tp-link in "Client (WDS)" I am not able to ping the smartphone either from the tp-link either from the pc; if I change it to "Client" the ping from the tp-link is ok, but from the pc it still fails. The same happened with original tp-link firmware.
I searched in the smartphone configuration if there is an option to enable WDS, but I found nothing.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance.

The phone is unlikely to be able to support WDS.

Perhaps the most straightforward approach would be to route and NAT the clients connected to your MR3420 (as much as I don't recommend double-NAT).

The travelmate package makes setup of this kind of connection relatively easy and robust.

You don't want the phone to do your NAT routing anyway, because you have no control over it.