TL-MR3220 v2 sometimes not booting up properly

Dear All,

I have a TP-Link TL-MR3220 v2 router installed with:
OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05.1 / LuCI 15.05-149-g0d8bbd2 Release (git-15.363.78009-956be55)
Kernel: 3.18.23

I made this around a year ago... I am not sure when.
This router is made to connect via wifi to a network and share its internet access throu LAN Ports(UTP Cabel).
The source of the internet in the houes is a 'mobile internet modem' without any lan ports, it has only wifi connections.

The router worked, and it still works right now. Sometimes it seems that it is not booting up properly --> only the power led is green, rest are not flashing. Last time I had to turn it off an on like ten times and pressing the reset button a few time also.

I don't know what is happening or what to do.

I can only tell that when it is working, it is working perfectly.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Best regards,

Robert

Upgrade at least to its currently supported firmware 17.01.5
https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3220
Your version is too old, unsupported, and has unpatched vulnerabilities.

First I would take a look at logs. Upgrading suggests manual reconfiguration, which can cause additional problems for user

MR3220 is a 4/32 device.
Get rid of it, buy a device with sufficient ressources for current OpenWrt.

The TL-MR3220 is, at this time, unsupported without building your own firmware. v17 is EOL and has known security vulnerabilities that will never be patched. The number of remotely exploitable vulnerabilities will only increase with time.

Chaos Calmer is, as pointed out, unsupported and unsupportable.

Suitable replacements with at least 16 MB of flash and at least 128 MB of RAM start around US$20.

Try a different power supply adapter. Anything with 12 volts, center positive, 1 Amp or more, and the plug matches will work.

But yes that is functionally obsolete.