Tinyproxy error opensock: Could not establish a connection to ::1

it says ipv6 is not supported on all of my machines, even without being connected to the proxy. This is true, I don't have a public ipv6 address

I am starting to think that syncthing might still not be able to see all my devices on both networks even if I do all of this. (Solve this error) Syncthing is the only application on my lan that needs to be able to do this (and maybe minecraft, if I ever run a lan server, but I doubt it)

I would probably have to sacrifice, and leave my 192.168.0.1 network with no pihole. That way wifi will go to 192.168.2.1 instead. I tend to avoid the 192.168.0.1 network nowadays anyways, it's mostly for everyone else at home, so I might not leak by doing this (but I have one device that might still use that network.... I don't know if it will use it or if I should even worry about that device). Anyways, by doing this I can have syncthing run on the pihole device and transfer files across all my devices. It's the easiest solution but it has a sacrifice that I don't know if I'll regret, I would have to think about it.

Devices on 192.168.0.1 can't reach devices in 192.168.1.96 (and even if it could, it might be very slow for pihole). This is because of the configuration for the stock router in 192.168.0.1, probably also openwrt being wireless. I doubt there is any way to allow it to reach devices in openwrt.

Update: just a few mins ago one of my devices in my 192.168.0.1 network got rate limited by pihole lol, there is no straightforward way to remove the rate limit, a quick google search without looking too much into it suggests you just disable the rate limit. I think that's a sign that 192.168.0.1 should stop using pihole before someone else gets mad at me again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.