Time limit MAC

Hello, I'm on 21.02.0 and still cant get this to work.
I followed https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/firewall/fw3_configurations/fw3_parent_controls
but ends up to have to apply Est_conn_patch
The patch seems not to be working, btw, since I gave up with trying the patch.

Btw I'm looking to other ways, I've found this command on the internet that uses a different approach:

iptables -I forwarding_rule -m comment --comment "Shut off Georgie's tablet at night" -p tcp -m mac --mac-source xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -m time --utc --timestart 02:00 --timestop 13:00 -j zone_wan_REJECT

Can something like this work? Or are there alternatives?
Regards

Collect the output and post it to pastebin.com:

/etc/init.d/firewall restart; iptables-save -c; ip6tables-save -c

We will try to reproduce the issue and fix the script.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer but no for many reasons: 1) I dont understand what the script does and I dont want to end up with a messed up router, I dont have time for that 2) It's a feature the is supposed to be running out of the box, not with debugging a patch or what else 3) since I think that parent controls are so widely used in every 30usd router, maybe there is a simpler alternative to the firewall rules in the openwrt world that can work?
Best regards

1 Like

Hi, I dont understand your post that states that "if you think you found a bug...use the forum" I'm using the forum and, by the way, there is already something called "Reorder firewall rules to properly apply time restrictions" that means that time restriction doesn't work...

The OpenWrt firewall developers aren't subscribed to this forum/thread.
So, posting here can only help you troubleshoot the workaround script.
Report the issue properly to the OpenWrt bug tracker to notify the devs.

Hello, I've tryed to follow the instructions but unfortunatly some different credential is needed to open the bug and I couldn't find how/where to register for them on the website. I will report on IRC otherwise I will wait for someone with bug traking account to encounter the same bug and open it for everyone.
Thanks

1 Like