The OpenWrt Firmware Selector

Seems like https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org is down again as above.

Can we please get this fixed as its giving exactly the same error as a few weeks ago??

Thanks.

Same problem here, tried to customize packages contained in image but failed wit hthe same error message.

Had to run the imagebuilder on CLI. Please bring back firmware-selector.openwrt.org

not sure what is going on with https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/ but it won't do a custom build for the basic package selection with one change (wpad-wolfssl instead of wpad-basic-wolfssl) for either NBG6817 or EX6100v2 for 22.03.0-rc5 - seems like it isn't getting a full package for the architecture package list: (this is the same error on the Ex6100v2)

cc: @aparcar

1 Like

I'm seeing the same error as lunarpool on multiple devices. I'm also seeing it when using the Imagebuilder locally. Error is occurring with all RC versions of 22.03.0 -- my guess is it's a package issue with libustream-wolfssl

I got it to build by replacing 'wpad-basic-wolfssl' with ' wpad-basic-openssl', 'libustream-wolfssl' with 'libustream-openssl'. If you use luci-ssl use luci-ssl-openssl instead.

Using openssl instead of wolfssl is a possible workaround until the problem is fixed, but one needs to know that is consumes more disk space which can be a problem on devices with small rom.

1 Like

Hi!

Just a quick question - is it possible to change image size for custom builds? I'm getting

error: ext4_allocate_best_fit_partial: failed to allocate 18 blocks, out of space?
make[3]: *** [/home/aparcar/asu/worker2/cache/22.03.0-rc5/bcm27xx/bcm2708/include/image.mk:335: /home/aparcar/asu/worker2/cache/22.03.0-rc5/bcm27xx/bcm2708/build_dir/target-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_musl_eabi/linux-bcm27xx_bcm2708/root.ext4] Error 1
make[2]: *** [Makefile:188: build_image] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Makefile:126: _call_image] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:242: image] Error 2

for Raspberry Pi Zero W, packages are:

base-files bcm27xx-gpu-fw busybox ca-bundle cypress-firmware-43430-sdio cypress-nvram-43430-sdio-rpi-zero-w dnsmasq dropbear e2fsprogs firewall4 fstools iwinfo kmod-brcmfmac kmod-fs-vfat kmod-nft-offload kmod-nls-cp437 kmod-nls-iso8859-1 kmod-sound-arm-bcm2835 kmod-sound-core kmod-usb-hid kmod-usb-net-qmi-wwan kmod-usb-net kmod-ppp kmod-usb-serial kmod-usb-serial-wwan libc libgcc libustream-openssl logd mkf2fs mtd netifd nftables odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only opkg partx-utils ppp ppp-mod-pppoe procd procd-seccomp procd-ujail uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed wpad-basic-openssl gcc python3 luci-ssl-openssl

i am trying this for last two days , is the server down.

To build a customized image for this model works for me right now.

Not working for NanoPi R4S 22.03.0-rc6 (it works for SNAPSHOT tho).

hi everybody for the moment

doesn't work for rt3200

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=22.03.0&target=mediatek%2Fmt7622&id=linksys_e8450-ubi

Try again... and note that you are looking at 22.03.0 (which is literally building now). It probably hadn't built that target at the time you looked.

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=22.03.0&target=mediatek%2Fmt7622&id=linksys_e8450

While we're at it, though...

2 Likes

yes is work perfectly now thanks for all i'm very happy

good job everybody

1 Like

http://chef.libremesh.org/ Cannot be opened,Custom script to run on first boot (optional).When will it be added back?

1 Like

That server is a development machine that isn't always running. You have a couple choices:

I've what I suspect is a daft question, but its answer has not yielded to my search abilities.

Are packages added to images built by the firmware selector via the drop down list option retained after a hard reset of the router (i.e., holding the reset button for 20 or 30 seconds), or does the router still revert to a bare minimum state after a hard reset?

It may depend on your device.

For most devices which use squashfs as opposed to ext4 for a filesystem, you might be able to determine this for your system. The device page for your device may have specific instructions and more details. Table of Hardware

I don't have experience with what you are asking but I have an idea. I hope someone does give you your answer.

I think what comes in the image is in the squashfs and everything added after installation is in the overlay partition/filesystem. The squashfs is mounted on /rom/ and the overlay is mounted on /overlay/upper/.

According to the user guide https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/troubleshooting/failsafe_and_factory_reset, failsafe mode boots with basic default config but leaves all packages in place. A reset wipes the overlay partition so it removes all user added modules and files.

So, I'm thinking that if the packages are found on /rom/ then they will survive a reset. If they are found under /overlay/upper/ then they will be wiped on a reset. If you figure out the regular path to binaries for your packages and then do an ls -l in an ssh session, simply prepend /rom to see if they are there and prepend /overlay/upper to see if they are there should determine if they would survive a reset. I can not guarantee it though.

As an example, I manually added a package for ccrypt which was installed to /usr/bin/ccrypt and it is in /overlay/upper/usr/bin/

root@R4S-wrt:/# which ccrypt
/usr/bin/ccrypt
root@R4S-wrt:/# ll /overlay/upper/usr/bin/ccrypt 
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         46668 Feb 20  2021 /overlay/upper/usr/bin/ccrypt*
root@R4S-wrt:/# ll /rom/usr/bin/ccrypt 
ls: /rom/usr/bin/ccrypt: No such file or directory
root@R4S-wrt:/# 

I hope this info is useful.

EDIT: This should apply to other files such config files and system scripts etc

1 Like

Very useful info spence. Thank you for taking the time to pull that together. I'll check those directories next time I update a device (I've not yet used the Firmware Selector), and of course I can confirm myself with a sacrificial hard reset after - that's what backups are for after all.

1 Like

Yes, they are when you're using a squashfs based image.

2 Likes

Can't Build with "Customize installed packages"

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
1 Like

Hi! Same problem here.