The OpenWrt Firmware Selector

Yes, that information is available. But the data for each release is in a separate json file and it also does not fit the current way the code is structured. That said, it would be definitely possible to implement.

Yes, I tried, but 19.07.5 isnt there yet.

Partial JSON data for 18.06 is available. But it is not for me to decide.
For now it is here: https://mwarning.github.io/openwrt-firmware-selector/www/?version=18.06.9

Clicking the logo should always take the user to a home page, Logo is not linked right now.

Like @slh said it's EOL. So offering it through an accessible tool like this will just widen the audience that says 'I'm sticking with 18.06.' That's the opposite of what you want.

The selector JSON data is updated every 8 hours, this could explain the offset. We're working on a better solution that instantly updates the information.

Please send a patch to upstream.

This is a problem with upstream rather than the firmware selector. I'll try to get my proposed changes merged.

1 Like

From the wiki site:

The R6230 is most likely internally identical to the R6220. OpenWrt installation has been achieved by treating the device as an R6220. Although success has been achieved on two units, the R6230 is not officially supported. 

(https://openwrt.org/toh/netgear/netgear_r6220)

So that addition would probably not be accepted.

I don't really understand your grief. I'm working on many ends of OpenWrt and things don't happen with linear progress. A bigger picture is to have metadata available in a machine readable format so that maintaiance of wiki becomes easier in the long run.

In response to @anon50098793

1 Like

Where there any attempts to either introduce the ALT0 naming or the device itself?

Just a general comment here, using this tool was my fastest ever download for all of my fleet of routers (22 models total) with no problems encountered.

Took me just under 3 minutes (confirmed from my download timestamps) instead of around 10 minutes or more using the old wiki method

Selector was painless and bugfree for my models so a massive thumbs up from me, despite being sceptical of the need for a tool at first.

It was so fast I figured I should take the saved spare time to say thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed. It will be fixed.

Please can you put the original dark color of openwrt back, both in the hardware table, in the device pages, main page etc, etc.
That so white burns my eyes. Thank you

hello @aparcar !!! great to see you addressing some of these issues :slight_smile:

Huge improvement in usability. Well done! Thank you.

Could a link to the device page be added?

That is already in staging (firmware-selector.staging.openwrt.org). But it uses the wiki search, since there is no unified scheme on how to link to device pages.

2 Likes

That might be the way to go if models appear in multiple targets.

Agreed. Nearly went back to ar17xx because it wasn't showing in the results until I caught the filename when downloading.

Dumb question from a newbie, but this says to use this only when your are already running OpenWrt. What if I haven't yet installed that onto my machine? Where would I find that file or do I have to install it line by line?