The OpenWrt Firmware Selector

dlink dir 2680 Ac2600 ver a1 firamware ?????

可以编译一个TP_Link WDR8620 V2的固件吗

Next time please post in English. And no, this router is unsupported.

You can compile a firmware that supports TP wdr8620 V2 hardware?

No. Nobody can. Nobody has written the code that supports this router. It would require people with skills for reverse engineering. Several weeks of work are needed in the best situation (if no proprietary drivers are actually needed).

This router is also apparently available in China only, and no public details are available about the chips used. Therefore, the chances of getting the code written are nearly zero.

In any case, discussion of new router support is not appropriate in this topic. The proper subforum is "For developers", and even then, it's only developers that start their work and collaborate. There is no way AFAIK to specifically request support for a particular unsupported router, short of hiring an expensive contractor - but this is done not through this forum.

Please fix this.

dlink dir 2680 Ac2600 ver a1 firamware ?????

I experienced a bug with this image 22.03.0 r19685-512e76967f detailed here. After changing the IP address of the switch I was no longer able to access it via ssh or luci. Ultimately this led to factory resetting. This image also required VLAN 100 to ssh to the switch. The current snapshot has neither of these issues. Hopefully this is the right place to report this.

It does not require vlan 100, the default config uses untagged vlan 1.

I just used the OpenWrt firmware-selector to build a 'test' custom build for my TP-Link Archer c2600v1.

I chose a sys-upgrade custom image and kept my previous 21.02.3 settings => 22.03.0

Happy to say all worked well, the bonus was, an extra 7MB of free space utilising the same packages!

Is Tp-link Wr841 v9/v10 not support?

The WR841 v9 and v10 are not supported by OpenWrt 22.03.0 anymore. They have 4MB flash only.

I changed flash to 16 Mb and RAM to 64 Mb, remap memory with the Breed bootloader, used openwrt 19 - everything works fine

Recent OpenWrt versions have static flash layout . Nothing will work except build custom image.

Is seems there is an error with the tplink TP-LINK RE450 v1 for the 19.07.10 releases if you select custom packages and try to build it says "Unsupported version: 19.07.10" which is not true because last year it worked perfectly and I did custom builds.

Thank you very much for your support.

All the best

Hello. I know 22.03.1 has just been released and may still be sorting itself out on the server, but I keep getting "Unsupported version: 22.03.1" error, when I try to add custom packages to a build for a Raspberry Pi 4B/400/4CM (64bit). Am I just being too eager or does someone need to add 22.03.1 to a list of supported versions somewhere?

22.03.1 is not (yet) released

I'm getting "Error: No JSON file found" with :

Skip JSON creation for non existing file /home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/22.03.1/lantiq/xrx200/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/linux-lantiq_xrx200/tmp/openwrt-22.03.1-3d3e632fbe91-lantiq-xrx200-tplink_tdw8970-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
JSON info file script could not find any JSON files for target

Calculating checksums...

at the end.

1 Like

Greetings!
The Firmware selector service is very nice and "easy" to use. Though, I've noticed that the packages in custom builds aren't always the newest compared to what opkg offers. To me, at least, that's the whole point of using this service to update all packages without using opkg since all embedded devices have very limited storage. I know it's recommended not to use opkg for updates due to a risk of something breaking or whatnot, but what's the point of having a modern updatable system where you have to hold off on updating? Perhaps, the whole point releases ordeal is to get those updates at once, but these are custom firmware images, after all.

Also, a feature request: A way of storing custom packages list on the website somehow.

I noticed the hash in the filename is unique to the combination of packages added to the image. I'm able to wget it at another device; and if I recreate the image later with the same packages, it has the same hash in the filename, checksum, etc.

It seems to be merely making you an image of the selected released version - with the packages as on the downloads site for that version.