The GL.iNET Flint 2 (AX GL-MT6000) is out

Hello guyz :slight_smile:
i just found that there is a new router released from GL.iNET : The Flint 2 AX6000 aka GL-MT6000

Specification

Interface 6 x Ethernet ports (WAN/LAN)
1 x USB 3.0 port
1 x Reset button
CPU MediaTek Quad-core, @2.0 GHz
Memory / Storage DDR4 1GB / eMMC 8GB
Protocol IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
Wi-Fi Speed 1148Mbps (2.4GHz), 4804Mbps (5GHz)
Ethernet Speed 2 x 2.5G Ports (10/100/1000/2500Mbps)
4 x 1G Ports (10/100/1000Mbps)
Antennas 4 x 2.4GHz + 5GHz two-in-one Wi-Fi Antennas
LEDs 1 x dual color LED indicator for Power and Internet
Power Input DC5521, 12V/4A (5.5*2.1mm)
Power Consumption <20W

So i guess a Filogic 830 device, with an extra dual 2.5gbps ports

3 Likes

Hmm interesting, I'm looking for a device with that form factor. Any chance it will get vanilla openwrt support?

1 Like

same as Asus AX4200, for instance ?

Yes, but I'm hoping this one would not need serial flashing etc. I'm not comfortable with that

I kind of hope this :), on the bright side it has a mediatek soc which is often better supported from what I have seen but I cannot say if it has other hardware what might not be easy to integrate (I'm not a OpenWrt dev).

For those qualcomm variants (flint 1) it seems more difficult to add support since alot of them are very depended on qsdk drivers which is a OpenWrt fork which is really old but builded with the needed drivers, and there are alternatives like OpenWifi too!, but with mediatek I have better feelings, I'm not saying it will be impossible but I think it requires alot of work :slight_smile:

i'm sure it will be supported quickly :slight_smile:
look at how many Filogic firmwares are currently in the snapshot area :
https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mediatek/filogic/

1 Like

There is a PR for that

7 Likes

just received an email today :

https://mailchi.mp/e3c8679d8d89/exciting-update-flint-2-gl-mt6000-prototype-in-testing-phase-13745516?e=482594e83d

I saw the pre order will start soon.

Let's see what the price will be, and this might become the successor of my r7800.

I do want to run it on vanilla openwrt, not with the vendor firmware. So might need to wait with deployment in the network...

The lack of 6GHz radio module makes not best choice today.

https://mailchi.mp/c4c9d0e3dc61/spitz-ax-x3000-5g-nr-is-now-available-on-amazon-13747368?e=482594e83d

So we know the retail price will be 189$

2 Likes

23.05.0 release note has this router on list but firmware selector doesn't have it, the release is ready or not?

yea, that's what i noticed too.

but it's actualy only available in the snapshots.

But that was a typo. :man_shrugging:
23.05.0 has support for GL-MT3000.

Maybe the real GL-MT6000 support will be backported to 23.05.x. :pray:

2 Likes

I am really in doubt between Flint 2 or BPI-R3 Mini. Does anyone has a insight on it? :stuck_out_tongue:

The bpi-r3 isn't supported at all but available to order vs mt6000 that's supported in master but only on pre-order.
I'd go for the flint2 but that's just me

1 Like

it is actually at 102€ shipping included. That's still a very good price and, from my point of view more interesting than any BPI-R3 or mini.

it's kind of important to know from where they ship.
if it's outside of EU, you'll need to add VAT (~20€), customs fees (perhaps another 20€), etc,
it might depend on where in EU you live though.

That is well within range of the ASUS TUF-AX4200, which is already supported…