Thanks everyone for their help with this setup! (x86/x64 NATIVE build)

The fastest router build I've ever had the pleasure of using!
(Disclaimer! At the start of this build I basically knew NOTHING about linux / openWRT back-end setup)

This build is currently using a 16gig SD card to drive the unit.
2gig 666 mhz ram
1.6 ghz intel Atom
Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter WiFi
Qualcomm Atheros AR8132 Fast Ethernet 100 gbit
2 port AX88179 -- USB3.0 to 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Running from usb 2.0)

(Before you post any 'critical' comments read below)
I didn't "NEED" the network speed, I needed the system to be fast with large ram and space capacity, with AD-Blocking, that parts could easily be replaced / repaired / upgraded. WITHOUT having to purchase a new router that would be OBSOLETE in a year or two! (As this wasn't intended for Enterprise environments, but for a simple use home router.)
Again, a huge Thank you to all for the information posted on the forums and some of the guides posted for the x86/x64 builds!

The ONLY thing I haven't looked into, but could use some help with is I would like to have the built in screen sleep / time out at 10 mins. Please let me know if you have any info on this. I'll do some hunting on the subject in the mean time. :slight_smile:

Dick

3 Likes

Glad things have worked out for you! :smiley: two things you forget to mention

1. Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter WiFi
    Is this USB? PCIe

2. port AX88179 -- USB3.0 to 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Running from usb 2.0)
    Have you tired running this in USB 3 kmod-usb3 https://openwrt.org/packages/pkgdata/kmod-usb3

opkg update && opkg install setterm
setterm --powersave powerdown; setterm --powerdown 7

Hey there, sorry it's been so long. the :

@francisuk1989
1: Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter WiFi
Is PCIe internal on the Asus 1015PE i have for my build. Though i dont think the "dBm power setting" works. When i modify it i don't notice a change.
2: as for the Usb AX88179 -- USB3.0, i am currently only running it with 2.0 because the 1015PE doesn't have usb 3 :frowning:

@anon50098793 I did try the 'Setterm' install. but i couldnt seem to get it to sleep the screen :frowning:

1 Like