Teltonika RUT955 - modem not detected

Strange. There is no need to manually inform the cdc_wdm driver about raw-ip or 802.3.
Because the qmi.sh script should performs this work.

Ya, I'm with you. Every time I boot the device /sys/class/net/$ifname/qmi/raw_ip is N. So when I down the device, set raw_ip to Y, and up the device, it starts working.

This should only be for qmi devices, if your device is in mbim mode it shouldn't need it.

Hy
i also have that error
did you resolv it?

I had the same problem in Ubuntu but the problem went away after installing libglib2.0-dev and libglib2.0-dev-bin. Modemmanager compiles after that.

I'm working on bringing up support for RUT955 in the new device-tree-based ath79 target.
I've got a device which got 2x HC595 shift-registers to drive LEDs and digital outputs using spi-gpio, apparently there are also versions which got PCA9539 sitting in the I2C bus. The vendor firmware distinguishes the board variant based on PCA9539 being probed or not :frowning:
We will need a different device-tree for variants with PCA9539 in ath79, once someone with that board shows up it will be easy to split-off commons parts into a dtsi file and just add different handling for LEDs and outputs.

Anyway, so this is for the 2x HC595 variant:
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/dangole.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/rut955
Works:

• 8250 serial internal debugging console
  • XTX XT25F128 SPI-NOR flash (should work with flash chips of older board versions as well)
  • both ethernet interfaces, eth0=lan(embedded FE switch), eth1=wan
  • wifi
  • ec25 wwan module
  • sim-card swapping GPIO, modem reset GPIO, relay and digital output GPIOs
  • cypress cdc-adm rs-232
  • all LEDs (switch-port LEDs are driven directly by the switch via pinmux)
  • mcp3221 analog input

Doesn't work (yet):

• ar933x-hs-uart is stuck after probe = RS485 still dead :frowning:
  • microSD slot might work or not, but causes extreme slowdown and log-spam when driver is loaded and no card inserted. Disabled for now.

This is my first ath79 port, so feedback is highly appreciated!

1 Like

GoodDay!
Can anybody help? I resently flashed openwrt, but I have same problem. I can't configurate modem via Luci.

After comant 'lsusb' modem is detected, but in Luci i can't see it

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 2c7c:0125 Quectel Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd. EC25 LTE modem
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0781:5583 SanDisk Corp. Ultra Fit
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Actually, just ordering a RUT955. Does your problem still exist ? The Quectel EC25 I am very familar with. I used it in other openwrt-devices already.
BTW: Do you use RS485 on the RUT955 ?

I just ordered a RUT955. Will need RS485. Does it work now ?

It should work well, haven't tried a lot, but driver doesn't hang and I might try in the next days to hook it up with EPEver MPPT solar charge controller with RS485 ModBus interface (which I've used before with collectd and know that it works). Contact me if you need any further assistance.

okrunning openwrt trunk i see a /dev/cdc-wdm0 and have luci and modemmanager installed, for the life of me i cant seem to get this backonline via GSM... can someone show me the proper configuration for the modem ? is it modemmanager or 3g-ppp ??

okay i got qmi-cellular working, question does the signal led not work ?

I was always using this simply with uqmi, no need for full-featured ModemManager, dbus, ...

See

1 Like
[    1.695793] GPIO line 4 (rut955:ext:sck) hogged as output/high
[    1.701792] GPIO line 12 (rut955:ext:mosi) hogged as output/high
[    1.707913] GPIO line 20 (rut955:ext:cs) hogged as output/low
[    1.713753] GPIO line 3 (rut955:mmc:cs) hogged as output/high
[    1.719604] GPIO line 18 (rut955:uart1:td) hogged as output/high
[    1.725703] GPIO line 11 (rut955:uart1:rd) hogged as input
[    1.731290] GPIO line 1 (rut955:led:wan) hogged as output/high
[    1.737230] GPIO line 13 (rut955:led:lan2) hogged as output/high
[    1.743329] GPIO line 14 (rut955:led:lan1) hogged as output/high
[    1.749445] GPIO line 22 (rut955:led:lan3) hogged as output/high
[    1.756495] i2c-gpio i2c: using lines 17 (SDA) and 16 (SCL)

Yupp i got it up on qmi-cellular, question do your signal leds work ? mine are non-functional off

The are available as GPIO LEDs (/sys/class/leds/*), however, we don't have any process to drive them using WWAN signal strength.

1 Like

lastly gpsd data ? nothing luci based i guess for gpsd

There is ugps to use GPS date/time to set the system time and also make GPS location info available via ubus interface. There is no LuCI front-end for that (yet).

1 Like

okay last question i think, seems WAN (eth1) ?? doesnt get a dhcp address from the network, however it also seems to pass connected lan port clients through and give them a dhcp address, acting like a bridge ? why ?

I am using the RUT955 in several installations, for few months already, but on PPP, in custom built image.
WWAN connections fail every 2-3 weeks, so to be considered quite stable.
As you are using qmi, could you provide some feedback on stability, please.