Telnet Console for PLW1000

Hi, this is my first post. I found this forum via the Unlocking the Netgear Telnet Console as I was searching for information.
I am developing a program for my own use that will periodically attach via telnet to each of the 4 WiFi Access Points in my network. Once logged in I can use the WOL assoclist to retrieve a list of devices associated with the AP. I have this working with my R7000 and also an older WNDR3700 but I cannot figure out how to enable Telnet on my 2 PLW1000’s (which are Powerline Extenders). Can anyone tell me the correct procedure to follow, I’ve tried telnetenable.exe but that didn’t work.

The odd thing is that last night I was playing around on my iPad with an app called iTerminal. I tried to Telnet into one of the PLW1000’s using their utility. At this point I hadn’t done anything about trying to enable Telnet. And what do you know, it worked! I tried with the other PLW1000 and was also successful in getting in via Telnet. I played with wl assoc and wl assoclist and saw the network details and the associated clients. I then logged into both devices via the web interface to check what it was showing vs the results of wl assoclist.
When I subsequently went back to try and Telnet in I couldn’t connect to either of them.

I’ve tried rebooting the devices. I’ve even tried a factory reset on one of them, to no avail. Why I was able to attach originally I have no idea.

Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Your post does not appear to be related to an officially released OpenWrt version, package or supported operation.

It is unlikely that you will receive useful input here.

Please seek advise from the relevant maintainer.

1 Like