I bought this router today because it was dirty cheap, so I'm trying to get some info and figure out what to do with it.
What i know so far:
- Based on Speedport W 925V - both build by arcadyan (wiki page)
- Hardware wise it looks good - 4x4 mu-mimo etc
- Going through the GPL info it uses OpenWRT and is probably Lantiq architecture
- Just update it with latest FW and use it as normal router with some SBC (I have OrangePis) running behind it for vpn or a x86 mobo from laptop (i have some of those too) for vpn and NAS
- Get a SBC/x86 with 2 lans for router with OpenWRT and have the speedport smart 3 as AP
- Open it, attach serial and probably break it...
With the same plan but with a bit more digging around I got a Phicomm k3, unfortunately dead, i can't get it to respond on serial.
Currently i'm using d-link 860l but want to get a bit more speed from my laptop to my nas (hence my hopes on mu-mimo).
If you have more info for the hardware of this router please share, it seems quite a nice device to try poking it with serial with my limited knowledge.