Table Of Hardware Is Exceptionally Annoying

Who chose the current system as a solution? And how long has it been used by OpenWRT?

OpenWrt--that's how it should be written.

Was wondering about that. Thanks.

make it an spreadsheat file to download? or google docs?

That's essentially what .csv files already are.

My response to this was "flagged as inappropriate" so I will repeat essentially what I said in a more "appropriate" manner:

1. There is a problem with Table of Hardware.
  2. It affects enough people in a negative way that it should be fixed.
  3. Prematurely and unilaterally declaring that the conversation is over without allowing discussion on how it might be fixed is inappropriate.

We should focus on fixing the problem.

Sure. I am eagerly awaiting the results.

Was just wrestling with this this morning. Another issue is the free-form, patternless way of expressing values, and in particular the mixture of data types within columns, which makes sorting on those columns... interesting. Try a sort on Flash MB, for example. Not very useful for narrowing down your choices when entries look (in sorted order) like:

1024NAND
2, microSD
256NAND
8, 128NAND
more than 8GB NAND

MB should be a simple numeric column and left blank if N/A. The existence of replaceable storage in forms like SD should be its own column.

Sounds fine. I will let this thread run for a bit so that everyone who has an opinion gets a chance to express their wish list for How It Should Be ® ...before moving forward.

That was me, but the way - - just saying so that you don't presume it was a moderator who did that. The forum isn't international politics where certain leaders bully smaller countries. One's nationality means absolutely nothing here except the cultural diversity that enriches the discussion.

1 Like

That sounds fair, as long as the end result is that whatever is broken gets fixed, not ignored as "that's just the way things are". Thanks for the note.

1 Like

Well, sometimes there is just too much to do and few people to do it, considering that all the team are volunteers, there is a huge number of devices, too many packages, and the firmware is all for free. So sometimes things appear to go slow because they are just less urgent than others. The same applies to devices that don't get supported, or less critical bugs that are put at the end of the queue.

Edit: to clarify, I was just talking generally about priorities from my observations over my time on the forum.