/sys/class/ieee80211: No such file

Yes, lan was just an oversight since it's what the default was.
I updated that to 'wwan'.

It's the same problem however.

radio0 (15526): ls: /sys/class/ieee80211: No such file or directory

In network, I added the wwan interface.

This is reflected in the wireless config,

In version 18 that works, I have;
config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '11'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'platform/10300000.wmac'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'wwan'
        option mode 'sta'
        option ssid 'xxx'
        option encryption 'xxx'
        option key 'xxx'

On the new 21 version, I have;

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option path 'platform/10300000.wmac'
        option channel '1'
        option band '2g'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
        option device 'radio0'
        option network 'wwan'
        option mode 'sta'
        option ssid 'xxx'
        option encryption 'psk2'
        option key 'xxx'

I'm not sure what I'm not seeing that is preventing this from working.

Channel must be auto.

I changed it to auto but it's the same error in the log and no wifi.

I'm really confused. No posts I've found help and after the things we've done in this thread, I still get the error; daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (4134): ls: /sys/class/ieee80211: No such file or directory

The only two place I can find that word is;
/etc/hotplug.d/ieee80211
/rom/etc/hotplug.d/ieee80211

Is there a simlink missing perhaps?

Huh?

I don't recall anyone suggesting this. I really don't understand this step.

Can you explain why you're not simply using an official download from the OpenWrt site?

Maybe it'll clarify why you're trying to copy files from a working firmware to another.

I already explained why above. I simply want my own build that I can throw on a device any time I want and if I mess up the device by testing some things, I simply re-flash it with my working build.

Why is that so unclear?

Then i said that I took a standard pre-built firmware file from the repo, flashed it to a device and saw that I didn't have the correct network settings. This is what you suggested and if you meant something else, that wasn't clear but it helped since I did have differences between the two.

You can build images that are essentially the same as the official stable builds with the exception of the network settings or other configuration specific elements. The way to do this is detailed in the image builder documentation. You'd start by running a standard stable build and configuring it to your needs. Then you back up the configuration and use those files to create a customized image.

The advantage here is that you use a stable build with all the known properties/defaults as the basis for your initial configuration. This will rule out any variables that may be added and/or confounded by a using a non-standard build. The default configuration should work properly, including the wifi that seems to be in question (with the exception of the fact that wifi is disabled by default, but you should be able to set an SSID and password, and then enable it without issue). Assuming the original issue for this thread is still causing you problems, the official stable build should be able to help you/us understand if it works properly in this context, and then if there is something wrong with the image, your hardware, your configuration, or your previously used custom-built images.

At this point, you should not waste any more time with any custom configs until you have tested the situation with the standard official release images.

1 Like