Synology rt2600 usb stick image ( testing )

Syno rt2600 tester rom/img ( will probably also work with nbg6817 for usb boot )

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lgkr--x_c6p-3E_5ZJHxKWM4jdK271Kx/view?usp=sharing

NOTE1: You will need a serial/UART connection to use this build, it's specifically created to be run from USB drive.

NOTE2: This is in no way perfect nor intended to be... although someone may find it useful as a plaything / proof of concept.

NOTE3: Main issues on my mind are the external mmc reader and lan leds.... ( all leds really ) bit power and wifi work.... wifi drivers selection can be streamlined / improved.

1. Format USB drive with 3 partions ( 4 if you like I'm not using part2 )

Partition 1 = ext2 -> "boot" ( syno uboot can only read ext2 so far for me... tftpboot and ubi need more investigation )

-Label is not critical... contains any boot images or ramdisks etc. for uboot to read from

Partition 2 = unused ( maybe create a small one and label unused or adjust boot commands to match your partition scheme )

Partition 3 = ext4 -> "rootfs"
-Contains extracted rootfs from openwrt build env.

Partition 4 = SWAP -> I'm not currently using this you could leave it off but probably useful to have one just in case.

1. Copy "kernel" onto Part1/"boot" partition
    Copy and/or extract rootfs.tar.gz to the "rootfs"/Part3

2. -Router Off ( note try to always clean power down, reload or reboot and cut the power when down otherwise the syno roms rewrite uboot env vars to OEM )

-Insert the USB into your rt2600ac, i've been using the rear port, but i'm pretty sure both will work.

-Connect your UART/serial and make sure it's open.... I use minicom and ft232rl-usb dongle....

*** I've been using 3.3v, pins are underside of front right corner...
*** It's the "lower" or rightmost row looking down from top / led side front
*** Corner pin is ground above is tx above is rx.... they are narrow spaced.
*** 115200-8n1 No Hardware, No Flow

-Power on the router and interrupt when it asks for ctrl-c

-These are the uboot commands i've been using..... they are non-destructive unless you save them.... bvut will need to be entered on each restart

1. UBOOT commands

############################################################################################
setenv orgbootcmd 'run syno_bootargs; run bootmmc'
setenv wrt_args 'setenv bootargs root=/dev/sda3 rw rootfstype=ext4 rootdelay=12'
setenv load_wrt 'usb start; ext2load usb 0:1 ${kload} kernel'
setenv bootcmd 'run load_wrt; run wrt_args; bootm ${kload}'
setenv bootdelay 7
#############################################################################################
run bootcmd

ONLY USE THIS IF / WHEN YOUR 100% SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING #### Will make automatic although may be overwritten

saveenv
#########################################

1. Enjoy.....

NOTE: You may need to mess around with fstab(config) / mount points I think it's not neccissary report back if OS boots and you cannot see your USB drive as the root filesystem.

( O.G. Thread post there if queries / help etc. )