SYNCTHING on netgear wndr4700

Folks:

I have syncthing running on many of openwrt boxes. I have Rev 21x installed on Netgear WNDR4700 and running EXROOT and syncthing. But I was unable to find any syncthing package on this hardware. Is there something I am doing?

I did opkg update. Installed nano and htop using opkg install nano

however when I try to install syncthing, it does not find the package. How can fix this problem?

root@WNDR4700:~# opkg install syncthing
Unknown package 'syncthing'.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package syncthing.
root@WNDR4700:~# 

Thanks in advance. Much appreciate any pointers.

HI.
Same here. wndr4700, OpenWrt 21.02.1, Never used syncthing.
As you I can confirm package not available from opkg install:

Signature check passed.
root@WNDR4700:~# opkg list | grep syncthing

No results

It is present in 21.02.2 on ath79 (mips_24kc), but it doesn't appear that it is in the package repo for your processor (which is a PPC based system).

root@Openwrt:~# opkg list | grep syncthing

syncthing - 1.18.2-1 - Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.

I see it in the available list in 21.02.2 -

Which device/target/cpu architecture?

ubus call system board

Thank you all. I have an exroot on WNDR4700 and don't yet know how to painlessly upgrade all the packages (or install them after flashing). Will search forum.

Thanks again.

If extroot is configured properly, there should be no user-level difference for installing packages -- it should be completely transparent. extroot is not responsible for the issue you are having with respect to not finding syncthing. For some reason, the package is not available for the CPU architecture the WNDR4700. And it's not available for that CPU on 19.07 either.

But... regarding upgrading packages:

Upgrading packages (via the CLI opkg upgrade command or the LuCI Upgrade... button) can result in major problems. It is generally highly discouraged, unless you know what you are doing or if there is specific instruction to do so.

Thank you all. I am traveling and when I get back, I will upgrade and post results. I am just little apprehensive as anytime a change is introduced into an in-service device, the potential down time estimates can have swings.

Here is how I plan to do the upgrade.

1. Take the backup of archive using Luci
  2. Use Luci to upgrade to 21.02.2
  3. Erase /dev/sda1 on laptop
  4. Do a fresh exroot
  5. Install packages one after another using opkg install.
  6. Use Luci to restore the old archive from item 1 above.
  7. Install syncthing
  8. Configure syncthing
  9. Take final backup of archive using Luci

I suspect there is not a more automated and an easier method. If yes, I will so much appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.