Switch on Fritzbox 7362 SL not working

I just started with OpenWrt on a Fritzbox a few days ago. So I'm using luci webgui.

My backup is uploading data to a cloud service. My cable connection supports 100 MBit down and 5 MBit uplink.The backup service fills up the uplink, so other clients could not download any other things from internet.

So I set up a fritzbox with release 19, configured a switch for preventing double NAT and also configured Smart Queue Management to shape uplink traffic. But SQM does'nt really shape the traffic.

For troubleshooting i disabled sqm an realized that my switch config was wrong. I want to put my 7362 SL between my internet router (LAN1) and the rest of my network (LAN2).
I defined VLAN 1, added CPU/eth0 tagged and LAN1 untagged, LAN 3 and 4 are off.
I defined VLAN 2, added CPU/eth0 tagged and LAN2 untagged, LAN 3 and 4 are off.

If I activate the switch, no traffic is leaving my network anymore. If i add LAN2 to VLAN1 untagged, traffic it starting. At the moment, I have one LAN interface on eth0.1. I recognized that OpenWrt shows no real time network traffic on eth0 or eth0.1 even the is traffic traffic and switch is bypassed.

Please could someone help me. Thx!

I can't really help you with the switch, but I really doubt that your hardware is fast enough for SQM at those speeds. The VRX2xx chipset can barely reach 85 MBit/s in SMP mode (given that the 7362sl has FXS ports, it might be that you only have one core available, which would drop it to 55-60 MBit/s) without software flow-offloading (with it enabled, you can beat that up to 115-120 MBit/s at best) - and SQM is a game changer on this regard, as it needs significant CPU power (which you don't have left).

Thanks for your advice. Could you recommend a device which is able to deal with SQM?

Add eth0.2 to the LAN bridge, for example in LuCI:
Network -> Interfaces -> LAN -> Edit -> Physical Settings -> Interface -> Custom Interface -> eth0.2

Cake's ACK filter could also be worth trying, once SQM works.

Most current devices can handle SQM for a 100/5 Mbit/s link. The VRX2xx is rather slow, but interesting for users who need the xDSL modem.

Some benchmarks:

More advice:

Do you plan to use Wireless LAN? Which device is going to be the access point?

Could you put your cable modem in bridge mode, and use the OpenWrt device as a router? It is not required for SQM, but will allow you to use more of OpenWrt's other benefits.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my late reply. I had a lot of business stuff this week.

I added eth0.2 to my LAN bridge. After that, my settings are like this:

I have assumed that I'm able to see traffic under life realtime graphics - traffic, but there are only some spikes to see even though I downloaded a huge file with full speed at 100 MBit (win 10 saying).

At this time, I don't plan to use the router as wireless one because I've got one from my cable provider (fritz cable 6591). My objective is to share upload capacity between 3 to 5 devices in my home network. Right now, my Synology NAS does havy upload traffic while backing up data to Synology cloud service so other clients have difficulties to surf the net and view videos. There is nearly no download capacity used at this time. So I decided to try SQM.

You are watching the br-lan interface. Can you see the traffic on the eth0.1 or eth0.2 interface?

For SQM to work, it must become the network bottleneck and see all traffic from/to the Internet.
As I understand your network topology, traffic from wireless clients evades the OpenWrt device. This makes SQM ineffective as soon as wireless traffic is present.

To ensure proper SQM operation, I recommend to provide WiFi from the OpenWrt router or a separate access point connected to it, not from the cable router.

I'm a bit late, but all AVM devices have SMP enabled because we can't use FXS ports due to AVM's special FXS/DECT implementation with Dialog Semiconductors chip.