Support MA5671A SFP GPON

Hi Moebius. I had few problems when I try to unlock my module too. I would recommend using external power to power up module. Don't connect 3.3 volts from external power supply to usb ttl, only ground and tx and rx pins. Make sure to connect first usb ttl, and then boot up external power supply to boot up the module.
Also make sure you are using pin 2 and 7 for external and tx, and note that 3.3 volt from power supply must be connected to pins 15 and 16. Pin 10 Gnd should be connected to both, power supply and usb ttl gnd.

I hope this could help.

thanks a lot! I was already using an external power supply, connected exactly as you described, so that was not my issue.
I finally solved it but still not sure how, I basically short-circuited for a few seconds rx and tx of my uart usb adapter WHILE the SFP was connected, finally the "tx" led on the uart usb adapter switched off and from that moment, I was able to transmit and proceed with the process! I still cannot explain why though.
After that, everything went very smoothly.
thanks for your suggestion, I'm now ready to play :slight_smile:

Hi again!
I know it's a long shot, but does anybody here have a dump of an unmodified mtd2 partition of a MA5671A module with a 03032VRJ part number? I think the modified one posted here is from a 03032CUW part number.
thanks in advance!

yes mate, i can hook you up :slight_smile:

PM me

it might be very late but thought someone else might use this info: I also tried using the Carlito/HL23446 firmware on my MA5671A, all went smoothly except Ploam State was switching between "1" and "2".
I finally fixed that by recovering the "goi_config" using the /etc/init.d/recover_goi.sh, make sure to remove the "/etc/optic/.recovered_goi" file first, otherwise running the recover_goi.sh won't do anything.
This command basically recreates /etc/config/goi_config using the info storend in the "goi_config" fw environment variable (stored on mtd1 that shouldn't have been modified).
I hope this helps!

2 Likes

If someone needs an unlocked MA5671A just write me via DM :slight_smile:

Hi,
Forum doesn't allow me to send a personal Message to you. :face_with_monocle:
Can you send me a DM first ? :upside_down_face:

Hi @adrian_dsl
which MIBS did you use?
I've same issue, with external ONT can reach full line bandwidth (TIM FTTH 920/100), but with MA5671 I cannot hit more than 800Mbit :frowning:

thanks

I had many different speed with all my test ( there are some posted in this topic)
can you please tell me how you connect the MA5671 ?
in wich adapter and router

Thank you

Currently is inside a UniFi Switch, and tests were done:

OPNSense running on VMWare on a NUC 11th (same VM performs without problems with external ONT)
My Lenovo X1 laptop with speedtest-cli, still same performances

I've ordered a TPLink MCL220 to see if the problem is the switch, but i'm not sure..

my problem was due to the APU2 and BSD with
openwrt all ok 900/90 ( with Huawei modem I made max 950/90 )
but anyway with tplink and APU with openwrt I have ridicouls speed
now I'm fine with a ubiquity nano fiber
If you want I can make some test again ( do you have a recent formare to flash on it my is still the same since 2019 covid lockdown eheh )

hi Seb1,
no new firmware, still the sames that are on this topic. Just for curiosity, which ISP do you have?
are you using PPPoE?

I've tried U-Fiber Loco (same chip of Nano), it performs better than the SFP but not outperform the HG8010 external OLT

Wind FTTH PPPoe with openWRT on APU2e4

i have also hg8010 but don't work for me at the moment I don't know how. I will test again them
best performance was with my HG8245Q ( 950 /90 ) but I hate the ISP block me with this specific modem that I need to pay monthly.
Test with external MCL220 was a disaster, 100/90 or something similar.

ah ok, so you are in Italy like me :slight_smile:

yes :wink:
PS just tested again with Tplink and MA5671A and is 800 / 90
i dont understand anymore those MA5671A , and I can not connect with the HG8010
cause it doesnt do the PPPOE

Someone has the images to flash into the module .
i lost them and i have a new SFP to unlock .
Thank you

Bit of help to "unbrick" an SFP please team.

When I first got it I was changing the IP address in lastgood.xml with sed but missed a " and rebooted without noticing it.
Now I lost access to it, so trying to get UART to recover my access.

Based on these pictures, can someone advise if my pins are correct for this SFP (yes, the solder on the contacts was the first attempt to connect it before I had the connectors)

I'm using minicom on linux, this should work fine right, or do I need to use another software?

UART pins vary from model to model. The Huawei MA5671A uses the Lantiq chip (Intel), your module is based on Realtek SoC RTL9601C
Check this post. Apparently other users have investigated the possibility of connecting the UART adapter to GPON module from Realtek family.
https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=116364&start=300#p847411

Thanks, pasted some posts on both

Stock firmware rooted:
mtd2 MD5: 3138d2dd06a32bb92bc63610fec6fcd6
mtd5 MD5: 0e4cfdc1b96be6581869b26b48789556

Carlitoxx firmware:
mtd2 MD5: d3cb6f7efec201b37931139feb4bb23b
mtd5 MD5: 59d2dc15227d6f693a38131eca89b29e

Unlocked Bootloader:
1224abort.bin MD5: 10e94a4b4acdc82dec20c7904b69e5c0

Someone has HILink Firmware? I cannot find it anywhere

Thanks