Support MA5671A SFP GPON

To be exact, Huawei is not the ODM of this equipment, but its OEM. According to ODM staff, Hisense is also using this solution together with Huawei.

That means there may be alternatives.

Does this device have mainline OpenWRT support?

where can i change internal ip of MA5671A?

from the web interface ( configure a pc to connect from the subnet of the default ip)
or by command line like any other linux distro

i tried to change ip from web interface, but after restart it return to default ip (192.168.1.10) and i not able to reach web interface, ssh works in default ip

is not important to change the ip
if you use a firewall set the wan port with that subnet and configure the sfp to reach the correct state with fiber provider and then try a pppoe

my local network is on same subnet of huawei stick so i wanna change it

I use OpenWrt firmware, and I had to change the IP twice. After first reboot, it reverted to 192.168.1.10, then I changed it again and now it's persitent.

did you change it from console or from graphic?

is not a problem if it is in the same subnet.
configure it to do the link with right state with lot and proceed to configure the wan port of the router/firewall.

when is in o5 state do the ppoe

my connection works as well but i need to change ip of it because i got another apparatus on .1.10/24

ok
try editing the network configure conf

i try to edit ip inside /etc/config/network but after reboot the ip is always default one

I changed it through web interface.

OpenWrt doesn't run on any GPON devices simply because none of those GPON driver are standard or opensource, the closest we got with OpenWrt on ONT is the lantiq, we have the uboot source, kernel source... but the laser driver just isn't available, this is not ethernet

me too but after reboot it reset to default ip 192.168.1.10/24

@KernelMaker

Can we post a link to your gen_huawei generator to make it easier for other users to change SN and password?

1 Like

@bmx29 Sure, you can do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have to change the ip located in the variable. OpenWrt will then generate the config out of this value.
Just check via fw_printenv.

I am not sure at the moment if this is also part of the Huawei SFP A2 Info variable. I will check this later.

Great! This should simplify the process for everyone who needs the sfp_a2_info variable

https://gpon-sfp.felix.systems/gen_huawei.php

on carlito works perfectly this method
fw_setenv ipaddr newip
then
reboot

thanks you

1 Like