Support for ZTE MC801A

FWIW in the open source package here: https://download.ztedevices.com/device/global/support/opensource/9/20191218_01/ZTE_MC801A_opensource_code.tgz - the device runs directly on Qualcomm SDX55 chipset, so supporting OpenWrt on it will be hard. Possibly "new target" hard.

1 Like

I appreciate the heads-up. I'm probably in over my head anyway lol

I did some scrolling on that Russian forum using the built in Google translator. It looks like they have some info on changing TTL, overwriting firmware, etc.

I might just break down and buy another phone and USB tether it to my GL.inet Spitz, or TP-Link Archer A7. I could maintain VPN, my own DNS, and adjust TTL still. It seems like one of the cheapest ways for me to utilize 5g at this point. One concern is having a phone battery always charging. Surely there is an app to help float charge around 70-80%.

هل يمكن تمريره لراوتر zte mc8020

1 Like

The preferred language in the OpenWrt forum is english.
When writing in your native language, please always provide an english translation.
This way other users all around the world can take part in the discussion and possibly benefit from the outcome, without having to use a translator.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ZTE mc7010 runs the same chipset.
Have you found the gpl sources for the mc7010?
https://download.ztedevices.com/device/global/support/opensource/9/20210127_01/Telus_MC7010CA_opensource_code.tgz

عندي راوتر
zte mc8020
ارسلو تحديث من الشركة فتوقف عن العمل لا يشتغل هل يمكنك ان تساعدني في ايجاد تحديث

@mohand2107, I've responded to your previous post about using non-English language in a global English-only forum, please follow the advice and use English language for your enquiries, so everyone can understand you (even if you do need to use an online translator for that, it's still better for everyone to base their responses on the single translation provided by you, than for everyone (having-) to use their own, which might end up with a different result).

No, the language of this forum is neither optional, nor for you to decide.

1 Like

Can I use the update for the ZTE MC8020 router?

No, you can't. This device is unsupported by OpenWrt.

1 Like