Support for Xiaomi Wifi R3P Pro?

The closed source driver has to be compiled by your self, if you search this thread for 5.0.2.0 you will find more information. Regarding the performance: with the master build much better, stable and no lags. With 19.07 no lags, but only half of the speed, so for 19.07 mt76 might be the better choice ...

Hello Guys

Al last I manage to install OpenWrt to my R3P with lastest offical Openwrt Snapshot.
My chips was Micron with only one bad block at 00x0000 bla bla. But I had to install luci interface twice, i dont know why. Everything was working all wan and lan ports , 5g and 2.4G wifi, but while configuring the wifi interfaces, one time it crashed then after restart it was ok, i feel a little slower then the stock rom.

After all i found openwrt is too complicated for me :),I aslo would like to use remote application for my phone.And stock rom makes me feel like i am on a wheelchair. I really appreciate your work here. I also saw a good deal for a second Asus AC87U on the internet. Still confused what to do :smiley:

Edit : I read lots of bad things about AC87U, i give up about this idea. I will check again what can I do for better streaming experience with my 100Mbps 5Mbps internet connection. My buffer times feels slower...

Ok I reinstall openwrt :smile:
How can I check which wifi driver i installed with openwrt snapshot ?

I applied only these lines, i didnt download anything else like upgrade file or something etc.

cd /extdisks/sda1 #(can be different if you remove and reinsert the usb stick)
mv openwrt-ramips-mt7621-xiaomi_mir3p-squashfs-factory.bin factory.bin # give it a shorter name
nvram set flag_try_sys1_failed=1
nvram set flag_try_sys2_failed=0
nvram set flag_boot_success=0
nvram commit
dd if=factory.bin bs=1M count=4 | mtd write - kernel1
mtd erase rootfs0
mtd erase rootfs1
mtd erase overlay
dd if=factory.bin bs=1M skip=4 | mtd write - rootfs0
reboot

after doing these , i also did

opkg update
opkg install luci

Should i do anything else ? Am I missing something like installing wifi drivers ?

My problem is now, when I do soft reboot, I cant login luci i should re do opkg update and opkg install luci. And the other problem is about 5Ghz Wifi , it only works at channel 36.

Am i missing something? Why these are happening?

Hey, I've been trying to install wrt for some days now, it seems I only can get the tftp way to work for me. Is it possible to flash wrt via the uboot menu only?
If so which bin file should I send from tftp and what command would I run?

Hello,

Your room is full ?
Check with command "df -h".

Jean-Charles

Current Master and the the 19.07 branch contain now a hostap fix that makes the mt76 driver practically as good as the closed source one. :+1:

3 Likes

(SOLVED BY HELP OF THORSTEN97)
Guyysss

I have a problem, i bricked my router while trying to install ilyas's release, it was in boot loop, with using uart i managed to do these steps

After power-on, your router will pause for 5 seconds at the uboot menu. Pressing '1' will get you into the tftpboot menu. From there, enter in the router's IP address (arbitrary, in the subnet where your tftpd server is running), and the IP address of the machine running tftpd and the name of the file to boot (“initramfs.bin”).

My router is working now, i can even get into the luci interface, but when reboot it gets in again bootloop ,

You can fix things from there (ie, sysupgrade or mtd write to flash everything from scratch).

I couldnt do these step, what i need to do more?

In the end , i solved issue by going in to the Luci interface then i did sysupgrade from interface without keeping the settings

Please someone add this information to the openwrt page, noobs like me dont know what to do after initramfs.bin line in the unbricking description :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Superb news thanks thorsten. I was afraid move to 19.07, it's time to install stable for the time being.
When you say "hostap fix" is it a patch already applied in the build or should we apply it after install?

----EDIT---

Stable 19.07 booted perfectly but Wifi Interfaces didn't work. Without though moved to nightly. Flashed and before even logged to luci all my Wifi devices was up and running again. I will report anything unusual.

No, unfortunately it did not make it into the final 19.07.0.
You would either have to compile the current 19.07 branch by your self (git clone -b openwrt-19.07) or patch the 19.07.0 sources using the patches (patch and patch) and compile it by yourself (just put the two files in the 'package/network/services/hostapd/patches' folder before you start the compilation). Or install the current snapshot (master).

Hi All,

I finally received my UART.
When I try to upload the "*initramfs-kernel.bin", I get that a Checksum bad message

TIMEOUT_COUNT=10,Load address: 0x80a00000
Loading: checksum bad
checksum bad
checksum bad
checksum bad
checksum bad
checksum bad

Is there something I missing ?

Thanks for your help (It is first time for me using UART and setting up Tfpd server)

EDIT: I finally succeed, it was due to the Tftpd server not working under Linux, so I used a windows machine...
Then I access via SSH.
There are a lot of messages on this forum, with different way of doing the update.
What would be the best option then to have a OpenWRT working router ? :slight_smile:
Thanks

If you are sure that you are entering codes right, try couple of times, sometimes starting up TFTP app again and again works. It also happened to me.

Guys

I couldnt install this app for my router, I am using Ilyas's compile with the closed source drivers.
luci-app-wifischedule

When I try to install it gives Error 255

Hi!!
Water entered and I let the router dry, I have opened it to make sure and there is nothing out of the ordinary at a glance.
The problem is that the light stays orange when I turn it on. I can`t connect Wifi or Eth.

When I open an SSH session with FTDI232, the following message is displayed and it is blocked at that point.

===================================================================
                MT7621   stage1 code May 28 2018 14:51:28 (ASIC)
                CPU=50000000 HZ BUS=16666666 HZ
==================================================================
Change MPLL source from XTAL to CR...
do MEMPLL setting..
MEMPLL Config : 0x11100000
3PLL mode + External loopback
=== XTAL-40Mhz === DDR-1200Mhz ===
MEMPLL 3PLL mode calibration fail
do DDR setting..[00320381]
Apply DDR3 Setting...(use customer AC)
          0    8   16   24   32   40   48   56   64   72   80   88   96  104  112  120
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0000:|

What should I do?
It seems that the fault is:

MEMPLL 3PLL mode calibration fail

Is there any way to flash it before it makes that routine?

Thanks!!
Greetings.

Hello guys

When ı try to run over ssh i am having this msg ? is SSL installed or not ?

opkg install libustream-openssl20150806 ca-bundle ca-certificates
Installing libustream-openssl20150806 (2020-01-05-30cebb4f-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/base/libus                                          tream-openssl20150806_2020-01-05-30cebb4f-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
Installing libubox20191228 (2020-01-20-43a103ff-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/base/libub                                          ox20191228_2020-01-20-43a103ff-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
Package ca-bundle (20190110-2) installed in root is up to date.
Package ca-certificates (20190110-2) installed in root is up to date.
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libubox20191228 wants to install file /lib/lib                                          ubox.so
        But that file is already provided by package  * libubox20170601
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libustream-openssl20150806.
root@OpenWrt:~#

i agree it's rather stupid when the package name has the version in it (then you have problems like this)...

anyway, the message is telling you what's wrong. for some reason you have an older version of libubox already installed (libubox20170601). uninstall it and try again.

that looks pretty bad. things are failing rather early... i'd say your router is hosed :frowning:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I know, that's why I try to fix it.
Is there any way to reflash it before it gets locked at that point ?
The procedures talk about a menu that is activated for 5 seconds just when it is turned on, but I do not see it.

LOL :smiley:

Refusing to remove essential package opkg.
Removing an essential package may lead to an unusable system, but if
you enjoy that kind of pain, you can force opkg to proceed against
its will with the option: --force-removal-of-essential-packages
No packages removed.

that happens later. your system is failing REALLY early on

1 Like

um maybe try

--force-overwrite

?