Support for Xiaomi Mi Router 4C (R4CM)

@xTomax @Jeffpeng
Hi. I have finally compiled a complete guide to loading openwrt on mi router 4c without opening it. But typing and explaining here is hell lot of work. Kindly install telegram and read my guide. WAN port works fine. Guide is written here. There are still minor bugs which we could fix to make the perfect rom. Looking forward to seeing you.

https://t.me/MiRouter4c.

Kindly post your guide here in the forum, so that everybody can read it without having to install additional software.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I assume you have used this router for a while, I would like to know how was the performance, I am planning to buy this one.

Thanks in advance.

Any new updates?
How is the WAN issue?
Is there an specific firmware for the 4C?

does the device actually use all 4 antennas?
this has the same design as the 4a which is s dual band device and the 4a uses 2 antenna for each band.

so my isp is asking me to enable ddos protection. where can i find it can anybody suggest me?

I succeed installing Openwrt on R4CM with

I used openwrtInvasion to enable telnet working on firware 2.14.82 firmware of R4CM
acecilia/OpenWRTInvasion
A very good help came from Zorro

I used the Stable release of R4A
openwrt-19.07.3-ramips-mt76x8-xiaomi_mir4a-100m-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

The steps I've followed
1/ have the routeur in routeur mode (not in AP)
2/ follow the video tuto of Zorro (except that I used Windows Powersheel with Debian bash instaed of his method of python on windows command)
3/ use the firmware above

Wan port is showing not connected but working

1 Like

How is the wifi signal?

No problems regarding connection and working condition. It's being used as an AP to provide internet access from a cabled intranet. But its not being put to test. 10 users usually connected at the same time, no major bandwith usage.

WAN is still not working (at all)

Hello,

So is this router (4C) officially supported by OpenWRT?

We could create a wiki page for it

Kind regards.

OpenWrt for Xiaomi Mi Router 4C

Hello
Does anyone have idea of the configuration of the 4 antennas and gain? I mean the router is only 2,4GHz 2x2 but it has 4 antennas. How are they used? And the SOC is rated to have 5GHz too, will it be enabled in OpenWRT or the config is 2,4GHz only in any case?
Thank you

Anyone has a chinese firmware?
I need to recover from a bad flash.

Thanks

how can i select option 2
i press " 2 " ,but nothing happens

This is the easy way to do it:

Please follow the instructions.

I am running into an issue with the R4CM that arrived today. can one please see here for details?

Hi I have a Xiaomi4c router with OpenWRT. The software opkg will not install openvpn-openssl claiming the kernel numbers do not match. As I understand OpenVPN will not function without this file.
Please do you have a snapshot firmware that allows or contains the openvpn-openssl files.
From digitalsurveys@gmx.com
Thank you
Best Regards Harry

This topic was intended for adding support for this specific device.
Since official snapshot are available now, I will set a timer for this topic to close.

Therefore: Please open new topics for any open issues with this device.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.