Support for WAVE 300 Wi-Fi chip

Rebuild the openwrt kernel with CONFIG_KERNEL_KALLSYMS (you can find the location by pressing "\" and inserting the name/string), without it I cannot see any function names, in which the code crashes. You can enable CONFIG_KERNEL_DEVMEM too if you want to poke around the hardware yourself. My kernel has CONFIG_KERNEL_DEBUG_INFO too.

Then the driver fails, please to paste full logs, these shortened are no use for searching the buggy code (there should not be any error from your logs). There can be a parallel thread on a second VPE, so we need as much informations as possible.

Also don't use any of my IRQ/eth patches, they are incomplete and makes the debugging less deterministic (as I don't use the last published version anymore). The kernel needs to be recompiled after removal/addition or it can throw weird bugs like yours Unaligned data above.

The progmodel should be fine I'm using the same version. Same with the upper/lower firmware. There would be no way to fix them anyway.

BTW how are you able to start the wifi on 161 channel? My setup doesn't allow to set 161 channel. According to wiki, the 161 channel should be 20MHz, but logs shows 40MHz. Probably it is because I'm in a different country. I hope it is not the reason for your bugs (country oriented settings :-/ ).

Rewrite of the driver can be done, but it would took a lot's of resources for 1 guy alone :smiley: .

P.S. yeah most of iwpriv parameters can be set only when the interface is down. They are changing the lowlevel behaviour of the device.

P.P.S. Hmm my second 5GHz device (rockpro64) doesn't work either :frowning: .

edit: fixed my bad english + more info

Edit2: repo updated https://repo.or.cz/wave300.git