Support for TP-LINK TL-WR940N Ver 6.0

is it possible to have it an openvpn?
i try to install but its said "not enough space"

Sure it's possible. Just install openvpn-mbedtls not the openssl

Thanks.. But im newbie here.. What is the code for that to install?

Google OpenWRT buildroot and set up a build environment and make your image with make menuconfig and select the packages. Or there is an installer mentioned in this thread somewhere that I've never used but should work. No luci mind you, it will all have to be in the terminal.

As a newbie, you should work you through the OpenWrt documentation:

A post was split to a new topic: TL-WR940N v6 (RU): Error code 18005

I have TL-WR940N v6 (RU), have been flashed https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.0/targets/ar71xx/tiny/openwrt-18.06.0-ar71xx-tiny-tl-wr940n-v6-squashfs-factory.bin
And I just can not set up the Internet, it simply does not exist, the correct MAC is entered, the rest is not touched. I get internet by dynamic ip.
Original firmware-
https://static.tp-link.com/TL-WR940N(RU)_V6_170704.zip

ive done 2 openvpn configs in that router...

are you able to use luci interface when you are connected to the router via ethernet cable?

Yes, I can. I think you need to use eth1 instead of eth0

Hi guys i hope you can help me with my router. im quite a noob when it comes to this... i flashed this on my WR940N v6 openwrt-ar71xx-tiny-tl-wr940n-v6-squashfs-factory-eu and my router doesnt seem to respond on putty or winSCP. My LAN shows an IP address which is 192.168.1.162 and router is 192.168.1.1. However whenever i try to access telnet, it gives me an error. i tried using winSCP but it also gives me an error message.... i hope someone can help me... what i am trying to do is to install LUCI and get openwrt to my router.... thanks guys

You need ssh, not telnet (and scp, not sftp).

I was able to access it thru ssh.... thanks.... ahhh hey i got another question.... is it possible for me to run vpn (openvpn) on to this router? do i need openssl to be installed or is it built in? if you guys have instructions on how to do it... i will totally appreciate it. thanks guys

can you share youre build please

Hey guys, just want to follow up with openvpn settings for this device.
Any betas going for ddwrt to add openvpn to v6?
No news?
Tnx.

You have to ask that question in the ddwrt forum.

1 Like

Oh i didnt know that. Sorry :cold_sweat:

Hi folks. Bridging problem here. I just installed openwrt-ar71xx-tiny-tl-wr940n-v6-squashfs-factory-eu.bin firmware. I could not install luci via opkg, but that is not actual problem. I am planning to use this router as WiFi client at my home network for stationery PC which are out of cable reach. Main router is OpenWrt 18.06.4 TP-LINK TD-W8970 at 192.168.1.1
I could already make this WR940N join my home network but it has IP 192.168.2.1. Similarly has my stationery computer 192.168.2.134 (IP via DHCP)

my pc:
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : lan
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d5f8:a002:1651:afb%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.134
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

The actual problem is, all other computers are on the 192.168.1.x segment. But as soon as I change IP of client router WR940N to 192.168.1.2 I have no more access to my home WiFi and thus am out of network. What could I do to make this wireless client join 192.168.1.x segment, e.g. it could use 192.168.1.2 IP and forward all DHCP to main VDSL router at 192.168.1.1 and bridge all its ethernet sockets to my home network?

here are my settings:
root@OpenWrt:~# uci show network.lan
network.lan=interface
network.lan.type='bridge'
network.lan.ifname='eth1.1'
network.lan.proto='static'
network.lan.netmask='255.255.255.0'
network.lan.ip6assign='60'
network.lan.ipaddr='192.168.2.1'

root@OpenWrt:~# uci show wireless
wireless.radio0=wifi-device
wireless.radio0.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio0.channel='11'
wireless.radio0.hwmode='11g'
wireless.radio0.path='platform/qca956x_wmac'
wireless.radio0.htmode='HT20'
wireless.default_radio0=wifi-iface
wireless.default_radio0.device='radio0'
wireless.default_radio0.network='wan'
wireless.default_radio0.mode='sta'
wireless.default_radio0.ssid='mysid'
wireless.default_radio0.encryption='psk2'
wireless.default_radio0.key='mypass'

This topic was intended for adding support for this specific device.
Since official stable release images are available since quite a while now, I will close this topic now.

Why?

Because specific problems for this device with official releases are better handled in separate topics, in order to make finding relevant information easier. Who is going to read the previous 100-something postings, if he has a specific problem with 19.07.0 and wifi?

Therefore: Please open new topics for any open issues with this device.

Thanks!