Support for Tp Link Tl-wr841hp v3 Router

I don't think it works with 1W. The oem has limited the transmit power to 24dbm to be the highest.

1 Like

To be compliant with your local legislation, you should always set the wifi country to the country you are using the device in.

Or in other words: If your legislation allows 100mW and you deliberately set the wifi country to a country that allows 1000mW, you might get into trouble.

1 Like

Just to be sure, configuring a wrong regulatory domain is not only legally highly problematic (coming with hefty fines in the upper four- to six figure range, especially for offenses in the 5 GHz band), it also messes up the devices connected to your wireless (including your neighbour's which are not connected to the network in question), then intersecting their own regdom with that of the router (which leaves you with basically nothing left, particularly in the 5 GHz band).

1 Like

Hi.

I have updated the stable build 19.07.3 to the link above.
Packages integrated: luci, ddns, adblock, wifi-schedule, sqm, nano, relayd, igmpproxy.

Have fun.

2 Likes

Since there seems to be a working image for this device: Will anybody create a PR or submit patches to get official OpenWrt images built?

1 Like

Is it possible to use it with V2? Thanks a lot to share your work with the community.

Thank you so much. Please provide some improvements on this firmware.

Please, is there any way to update the kernel? I am using your build 21.02. But I can't install some packages, with incompatible kernel error.

21.02 build is still snapshot, please wait a while for the official version. Don't use 21.02 if you need install kernel related packages.

in version 19.07.7 there are also problems related to the kernel. it is as if the kernel was always incompatible for some packages in the repository.

Ex: VPN, QOS, banip, and others.

I'm rebuilded 19.07.7 version, so you can install any package from repositories without issue. Tks for reported.

1 Like

Sir, can you break through the OEM limitation?
Openwrt is working superb on my router. But I wish, the range could be more increased somehow. I've some neighbor around for WiFi. I tried a Szhuashi WiFi booster/amplifier but I think I broke it by using it at 29dbm, which is the highest my router shows on US.
Manual of that booster showed that it should be used in 7dbm to 20 dbm. And by using 29dbm, I think I broke it.
Is there any way to increase the range by changing the power amplifiers? Or by you?
Thanks in advance sir.

The wifi devices (phones, tablets ..) have quite limited coverage, so Routers/APs that broadcast too strongly don't make much sense.
Instead, you can use multiple Routers/APs to extend the range & increase coverage.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply sir.

Hi @leeandy, I've just registered mainly to say thank you for your work. I've been using dd-wrt on a few devices, mostly without issues. Two hours ago I installed 19.07.7 on a WR841HP v3, and I'm amazed at how good everything went and how easy was to get it running. I'm testing it right now, so far no issues. If anything, I had to rename the file to a shorter name because the TP-LINK web interface wouldn't take it, but that's probably their fault.

I'll be testing more extensively on the next days, but so far, so good. Thanks again for your great work. To anyone reading this, give OpenWRT a try on this device!

1 Like

Hi @tmomas
I have submitted PR to github since two weeks ago, but I don't understand why it's not accepted yet ?

1 Like

Just ask on github what is missing for this PR to get accepted.

1 Like

Hi everyone.
This router has official support in master branch. Snapshot firmware download from here

Have fun.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

@leeandy Thanks for your collaboration. At last i am able to build openwrt for TL-WR841hp-v2. As far as, everything is working good.

1 Like