Support for new Archer c5 v4

Thanks! Yes, LED's are working properly and the WPS button is handling the RF on/off well. I'll test the reset button too. I guess it will be ok too as the GPIO settings are ok.

reset button is working too! It's initiating a factory reset, so make sure you have a backup first :slight_smile:

root@l18c:/# FACTORY RESET
[   91.732547] br-lan: port 3(wlan0) entered disabled state
[   91.738107] br-lan: port 2(wlan1) entered disabled state
[   91.743628] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered disabled state
[   91.771345] device eth0.1 left promiscuous mode
[   91.776171] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered disabled state
[   91.800139] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0.1: link is not ready
[   91.809900] device wlan0 left promiscuous mode
[   91.814689] br-lan: port 3(wlan0) entered disabled state
[   91.838131] device wlan1 left promiscuous mode
[   91.842881] br-lan: port 2(wlan1) entered disabled state
[   92.178263] device eth0 left promiscuous mode
[   92.203530] mtk_soc_eth 10100000.ethernet eth0: port 5 link down
[   94.380395] reboot: Restarting system

Can you post some images?

You can download it from here, it's a basic image + LuCI (http only):
https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_c5_v4

@benwht thank you for images, testing and documenting it.

@LGA1150 if the image looks good with the exception of the switch, do u think we can have a PR created?

excuse me, i very bad english speak. only russian. %-(

Π― ΠΏΠΎΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠ±ΠΎΠ²Π°Π» ΡƒΡΡ‚Π°Π½ΠΎΠ²ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ openwrt ΠΏΠΎ ссылкС Π²Ρ‹ΡˆΠ΅ ΠΈ столкнулся с Π½Π΅ΠΊΠΎΡ‚ΠΎΡ€Ρ‹ΠΌΠΈ ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠ±Π»Π΅ΠΌΠ°ΠΌΠΈ:

1. ΠΊΠΎΠ½Ρ„Π»ΠΈΠΊΡ‚ вСрсий Π΄ΠΎΠΏΠΎΠ»Π½ΠΈΡ‚Π΅Π»ΡŒΠ½Ρ‹Ρ… ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠ³Ρ€Π°ΠΌΠΌ\ΠΌΠΎΠ΄ΡƒΠ»Π΅ΠΉ ядра Π² Ρ€Π΅ΠΏΠΎΠ·ΠΈΡ‚ΠΎΡ€ΠΈΠΈ ΠΈ ядра ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΠΈ. НичСго Π½Π΅ обновляСтся, Π½ΠΈΡ‡Π΅Π³ΠΎ Π½Π΅ устанавливаСтся, ΠΏΠΎΠ΄Π΄Π΅Ρ€ΠΆΠΊΡƒ usb drive ΠΌΠ½Π΅ Π·Π°ΠΏΡƒΡΡ‚ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ Π½Π΅ ΡƒΠ΄Π°Π»ΠΎΡΡŒ Π²ΠΎΠΎΠ±Ρ‰Π΅.
  2. ΠΎΡ‚ΠΊΠ°Ρ‚ ΠΊ заводской ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΠ΅ ΠΏΠΎ инструкции Π½Π΅Π²ΠΎΠ·ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ΅Π½. Π’ заводских ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΠ°Ρ… tp-link ΠΏΠ΅Ρ€Π²Ρ‹Π΅ 128ΠΊ Π·Π°Π½ΠΈΠΌΠ°Π΅Ρ‚ u-boot (Ρ€Π°Π·ΠΌΠ΅Ρ€ Ρ„Π°ΠΉΠ»Π° ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΠΈ 8126976 Π±Π°ΠΉΡ‚), поэтому спСрва Π½ΡƒΠΆΠ½ΠΎ Π΅Π³ΠΎ Π²Ρ‹Ρ€Π΅Π·Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ Π² любом hex Ρ€Π΅Π΄Π°ΠΊΡ‚ΠΎΡ€Π΅ (Ρ€Π°Π·ΠΌΠ΅Ρ€ Ρ„Π°ΠΉΠ»Π° ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΠΈ 7995392Π±Π°ΠΉΡ‚), ΠΈ Ρ‚ΠΎΠ»ΡŒΠΊΠΎ послС этого становится Π²ΠΎΠ·ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ½ΠΎ Π²Π΅Ρ€Π½ΡƒΡ‚ΡŒΡΡ Π½Π° Π·Π°Π²ΠΎΠ΄ΡΠΊΡƒΡŽ ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΡƒ.
    Π§Ρ‚ΠΎ я ΠΈ ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΠ΄Π΅Π»Π°Π».

Π”Π°, ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡ†Π΅Π΄ΡƒΡ€Π° ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΠΈ Ρ€ΠΎΡƒΡ‚Π΅Ρ€Π° Π±Π΅Π· использования serial port Π² ΠΏΡ€ΠΈΠ½Ρ†ΠΈΠΏΠ΅ скорСС всСго Π²ΠΎΠ·ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ½Π°: ΠΏΡ€ΠΈ запускС Ρ€ΠΎΡƒΡ‚Π΅Ρ€Π°, Ссли Π½Π°ΠΆΠ°Ρ‚ΡŒ ΠΊΠ½ΠΎΠΏΠΊΡƒ reset ΠΈ ΠΏΠΎΠ΄ΠΎΠΆΠ΄Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ ΠΏΠΎΠΊΠ° Π½Π΅ загорится ΠΈΠ½Π΄ΠΈΠΊΠ°Ρ‚ΠΎΡ€ vps - Ρ‚ΠΎ uboot скачиваСт ΠΏΠΎ tftp с адрСса 192.168.0.66 Ρ„Π°ΠΉΠ» tp_recovery.bin ΠΈ ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²Π°Π΅Ρ‚ Π΅Π³ΠΎ, Π½ΠΎ послС этого ΡƒΡ…ΠΎΠ΄ΠΈΡ‚ Π² Π±ΡƒΡ‚Π»ΡƒΠΏ, ΠΈ ΠΊΠΎΠ³Π΄Π° Ρ‚Π°ΠΊΠΈΠΌ ΠΎΠ±Ρ€Π°Π·ΠΎΠΌ ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²Π°Π΅Ρ‚ΡΡ openwrt ΠΈ ΠΊΠΎΠ³Π΄Π° ΠΎΡ€ΠΈΠ³ΠΈΠ½Π°Π»ΡŒΠ½Π°Ρ ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΠ° с uboot Ρ‚ΠΎΠΆΠ΅. Π½ΡƒΠΆΠ½ΠΎ Ρ€Π°Π·Π±ΠΈΡ€Π°Ρ‚ΡŒΡΡ ΠΏΠΎ ΠΊΠ°ΠΊΠΎΠΉ ΠΈΠΌΠ΅Π½Π½ΠΎ ΠΏΡ€ΠΈΡ‡ΠΈΠ½Π΅, я ΠΏΠΎΠΊΠ° Π½Π΅ стал, ΠΏΠΎΡ‚ΠΎΠΌΡƒ Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎ:

Π’ Ρ‚Π΅ΠΊΡƒΡ‰Π΅ΠΌ состоянии ΠΏΡ€ΠΈ ΠΏΠΎΠΏΡ‹Ρ‚ΠΊΠ΅ ΡƒΡΡ‚Π°Π½ΠΎΠ²ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ openwrt ΠΌΡ‹ ΠΈΠ· довольно Ρ…ΠΎΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΎ Ρ€Π°Π±ΠΎΡ‚Π°ΡŽΡ‰Π΅Π³ΠΎ Π½Π° заводской ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΠ΅ устройства - ΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡƒΡ‡Π°Π΅ΠΌ Π½Π΅ ΠΎΡ‡Π΅Π½ΡŒ Ρ…ΠΎΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠΉ Ρ€ΠΎΡƒΡ‚Π΅Ρ€ Π±Π΅Π· возмоТности ΡƒΡΡ‚Π°Π½ΠΎΠ²ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ Π΄ΠΎΠΏΠΎΠ»Π½ΠΈΡ‚Π΅Π»ΡŒΠ½ΠΎΠ΅ ΠΏ.ΠΎ. ΠΈ ΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡŒΠ·ΠΎΠ²Π°Ρ‚ΡŒΡΡ usb.
Π­Ρ‚ΠΎ ΠΎΡ‡Π΅Π½ΡŒ ΠΏΠ΅Ρ‡Π°Π»ΡŒΠ½ΠΎ.

no worries, I'll compile one from the stable build (18.06.2) and put it there too. However I can't promise that I'll keep this updated.. The best thing with OpenWrt is that anybody can compile a version form the source and flavor it as needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you do it like I mention on the openwrt.org page (https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_c5_v4) then it will work. This is how I did it on my own router too. Simply the Uboot part is left out from the flashing, no need to cut the file.

I have after this procedure, the router went into bootloop. And is working only after I manually cut uboot of the firmware and flash it.
And the firmware I have tried both my Russian and the Hungarian which had a link. May be we have different version uboot? My dont left out uboot from the flashing.

Thank you for this work with firmware. We be wait a new version because not everyone can and have the ability to compile firmware. :wink:

sorry, is a googletranslate.

Good news! I want to build the code,so which profile did you select? thank you!

Cherry-pick these two commits

2 Likes

I use this command to clone your code:git clone https://github.com/LGA1150/openwrt.git ,I did not find the code you mention.Have i done something wrong or not the correct branch? I an a newer to github,thank you,my friend!

@LGA1150 thank you very much! I have done it and it is running up,RTL8367S works ok!

1 Like

ΠšΠ°ΠΌΡ€Π°Π΄, Π° Π³ΠΎΡ‚ΠΎΠ²ΡƒΡŽ ΠΏΡ€ΠΎΡˆΠΈΠ²ΠΊΡƒ Π²Ρ‹Π»ΠΎΠΆΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ моТСшь?

@GeorgeM2 yes,if you need i can send you.pls give me your email .

1 Like

harphouse_собака_mail_Ρ‚ΠΎΡ‡ΠΊΠ°_ru
Π—Π°Ρ€Π°Π½Π΅Π΅ спасибо!
(я Π½Π΅ Π½Π°ΡˆΡ‘Π» Π³Π΄Π΅ здСсь ПМ ΠΎΡ‚ΠΏΡ€Π°Π²ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ. ΠΌΠΎΠΆΠ΅Ρ‚ стаТа Π½Π΅ Ρ…Π²Π°Ρ‚Π°Π΅Ρ‚)

i did not get your email,but you can add my skype id if you hava one: 362556809@qq.com .Also,you can send me an email from this (362556809@qq.com)

1 Like

Hi,my friend,I want to usr RGMII2 interface,because my board is RGMII2 that connect to RTL8367S.how to change the DTS?

i flash ArcherC5v4.bin with console cable - and have bootloop.

flash test.bin with console cable and have 4.14.121 kernel. repository not work.
Screenshot_2019-06-20%20OpenWrt%20-%20Software%20-%20LuCI

flash ArcherC5v4.bin into "Flash new firmware image" flash_force - and have bootloop again.
%-(

upd: everything as it should be ArcherC5v4.bin not for flash into uboot.

pls check if you have flash correctly,guide to flash the image:

1. rename the openwrt-ramips-mt7620-tplink_c5-v4-squashfs-factory.bin to test.bin

2. start a TFTP server from IP address 192.168.0.225 and serve the image named test.bin

3. connect your device to the LAN port

4. power up the router and press 4 on the console to stop the boot process.

5. enter the following commands on the router console

tftp 0x80060000 test.bin
erase tplink 0x20000 0x7a0000
cp.b 0x80060000 0x20000 0x7a0000
reset