Support for MikroTik RBSXTR

Whar RouterOS reports as 'Model': RBSXTR
and Firmware Type qca9531L

That really does not mean anything as the actual board identifier is usually something else.
Like I said,there is no SXTR at all in GPL

Is this identifier visible from the bootloader? Noticed with an oscilloscope that at the start of boot there are signals on the gold plated round little pads. Can try to solder wires to them and see what it says. The firmware apparently switches UART off because I see only activity at the very beginning of boot.
Another approach may be analysing a recent npk file. There should be some device tree info in there as one firmware caters for many boards of a certain CPU family. All after 6.41.3 should know this board.

Bootloader is the one that passes it to the OS.
But I doubt you will see anything on the UART.
They disable it anywhere where it is not advertised

Get a supout.rif file using winbox, decript it with a script from the git mentioned in this thread, in the "03_.proc" file search for "cmdline" and then for "board=xxxxx".

We were able to dig it out from hard_config dump.
But its a new board so its not in GPL from late April

Ahh,Mikrotik.
Reply when I request new GPL.
Hello,

It takes some time until we prepare the patches, we do not keep them up to date automatically, it is a manual process. We make a new patch every few months.

Best regards,
Normunds R.

Nice to know you have the board id.

ps:This trick with supout.rif i found couple of weeks ago when i started to look if i can add another mikrotik device to the supported list.

Most qca9531 based routers known in OpenWrt (as made by Mikrotik, TP-Link, Compex, YunCore, GL.Inet and ZBT) have identical code to get WAN and LAN going; probably provided by Qualcomm. Would it be possible to introduce a routine that scans all the GPIOs while publishing in the filesystem where it is in its scan, so one can identify e.g. with an oscilloscope and by observing the leds, which GPIO is used for what purpose? Or are gpio's normally used for basic and essential purposes like talking to the flash and would such a scan be able to cause damage or make the OS stall? Likewise one could scan to see which are inputs connected to microswitches. B.t.w. thanks for asking MT for cooperation. Obiding by Linux' GPL seems low at their priority list to judge from their answer.

Ethernet is not the issue here,basic stuff will work without knowing GPIOs.
But since this one has PCI slot like other Mikrotik boards it most likely has a PCI power GPIO which needs to be set to enable power for the slot.
And those are a real pain in the ass to find without GPL.

You can easily set all GPIO-s you want to HIGH or LOW and then manually trace which one is which.

Yeah, they publish only couple of revision per year.
Last time they took over 3 months after my request

I know this thread is old, but has anyone had success flashing openwrt to this device yet?