Support for Mikrotik Hap AC2

Is that with software offloading disabled?

PPPoE?

I did test with LAN.

DHCP Client

can you test again but disable HW offload?

software & hardware disable

software enable and hardward disable

software endable and hardward enable

I use speedtest.net

There is now HW offload on IPQ4019 at all

Looks like HW offload setting doesn't do anything, in line with my testing previously.

I have another openwrt device, the NanoPi R2S, that can get full 500/500 on the same PPPoE connection.
Is this purely because the Arm A53 cores are just more powerful than IPQ4019 in hap ac2?

1 Like

Again, IPQ40xx has no HW offloading support either in HW or SW.
Only generic software offloading may be used.
It does not have NSS cores like IPQ806x, IPQ60xx, or IPQ807x.

Yeah, A53 cores should be much faster than A7 ones.

Have you tried using irqbalance?

1 Like

On a new 'style' it works fine for me. Thanks.

1 Like

Did someone tried to power it up over ethernet with 12V instead of 24V?

It does not working properly with 12V, it turns on but the unit crashes. Im still testing openwrt but it looks like you need to use irqbalance to archive maxium speed over wifi 5ghz. Without it a get like 350 Mbps and with it i get 450-470 near it.

1 Like

Guys, I reworked the tree to drop the custom loader and use the self decompressing kernel with DTB appended to it.

This should get it finally merged into upstream.

3 Likes

Can somebody with a known USB3.0 device connect to the USB port and use usbutils to see whether it connects at 5G or 480M?

I have no such device to test and it appears that only USB2.0 PHY is connected despite the USB3.0 capable controller being used.

I don't have kmod-usb2, just the one for usb 3.0 but it isn't detected as that, so this should mean that it only works with usb 2.0

1 Like

You dont need kmod-usb2 as usb3 core also handles usb2.0 as well.
Yeah, high speed is USB2.0.

Can you check what usbutils -t tells you?

1 Like

It says "-ash: usbutils: not found", i obviusly installed usbutils, do i need any other package?

Sorry, its lsusb -t

There you go

1 Like