Support for MikroTik Groove 52

any support for mikrotik groove 52? i'm not an expert openwrt user but love it, it 's possible install openwrt on this device?

0 Likes

Dual band outdoor cpe

hi after long time i finaly booted the grove 52 from ram, i found an old chaos calmer edition on old openwrt forum. now wich firmware i should try to install on it?

0 Likes

hi, i found this recent guide! it's for the SXT 2nD r3, it has SPI NOR flash,same as the groove. the guide say;

1. Boot openwrt-ar71xx-mikrotik-vmlinux-initramfs.elf using a DHCP+TFTP server.
  2. Erase the "firmware" partition using the mtd command. This should
    no longer be required once this patch is merged.
  3. Use sysupgrade to install to flash. The file
    openwrt-ar71xx-mikrotik-rb-nor-flash-16M-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
    should be used.
    so what's the right command to erase firmware partition? any help please?
0 Likes

cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 0000e000 00010000 "routerboot"
mtd1: 00001000 00010000 "hard_config"
mtd2: 00001000 00001000 "soft_config"
mtd3: 00180000 00010000 "kernel"
mtd4: 00180000 00010000 "rootfs"
mtd5: 00ce0000 00010000 "ubifs"

so wich partition i should remove?

0 Likes

As a warning, following directions for a different device, even with the same chips, can easily brick your device. That you see “ubifs” and not “firmware” should be a huge red flag.

Edit:

I don't see your device listed as supported at https://openwrt.org/toh/start?dataflt[Brand*~]=Mikrotik

Perhaps it is known by a different model number, but unless there is an image for your specific device, you will probably need to port OpenWrt to it before you flash anything.

0 Likes

jeff i bricked the router 4 times, this is driving me crazy.

0 Likes

It may be that you need to port OpenWrt to the device. Each device needs a complete hardware description as even the same chips can be "wired up" differently on different boards. Even with the same consumer name, different versions may require different firmware. Sometimes even within the same version if something as simple as the manufacturer of the flash changes. Past how the board is wired, it is also how the data is stored on the flash by the manufacturer. There is no "standard" place for things like MAC addresses or cal data. Flashing the wrong image can overwrite this data, which, un less backed up, can't be recovered and is different for each individual unit produced, even among the same product name and version.

0 Likes

just offtopic so others people don't make the same mistake. this unit is really a joke, the radio have good tranfer power but at the same time it can't hear, so looks like the radio it 's not good balanced. also the transformer does not keep attached to the wall socket, I had to tie it to make work. don't buy this unit! sorry for the offtopic

1 Like

you should provide iw dumps from both ends so that folks here can figure out what is wrong with it. also exact model name of the device.

1 Like

ok, if you guys say what i need post and the right command terminal i'll be happy to help to support this device. side note, this could be the only one outdoor device openWRT dual band ath9k. right now i have the device at another home, tomorrow i' ll get it.

0 Likes