Support for Gigastone Smart Battery A4-52ER

Okay so I have a set of files that I think I made via the telnet console while the router was running which are segmented blocks of the flash with the following offsets.

00000-40000 : "u-boot"
40000-50000 : "u-boot-env"
50000-60000 : "CONF"
60000-70000 : "NVRAM"
70000-1b0000 : "uImage"
1b0000-5b0000 : "rootfs"
5b0000-7f0000 : "secfs"
7f0000-800000 : "ART"

I have a TL866II Plus for a programmer and use the software that is made for it called XGecu which allowed me to easily just specify a "block" using the offsets show above and then load the segmented files at the start of the block. So I flashed the resulting stock flash and the unit boots up but it's being sorta strange and I have no idea what could be causing it. So basically it boots fine and all the web config page loads fine and everything but for some reason no matter what I do unless I pull the flash and modify it manually nothing seems to want to save or reset. If I attempt to do a factory reset it just loads up again with no changes. If I attempt to change any settings, it says it applying them and then just reboots and nothing is changed.

Does anyone know what is happening? I have a suspicion that maybe a security feature on the flash that prevents it from being written to, might be why it's happening so I will see about that once I get home from work but until then has anyone else run into this problem?

Has anyone had success installing OpenWRT on this device? I'm no developer by any means, but I could greatly benefit having openwrt on this device.