Support for Easybox 904 LTE

My site is now available:

New snapshots:
=> OpenWrt (kernel 5.4.116 VPE) - Easybox 904 xDSL (github)

Backup link => Click on the button "Pobierz" (file openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-arcadyan_vgv952cjw33-e-ir-vpe-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin)
The download is free.

=> OpenWrt (kernel 5.4.116 SMP) - Easybox 904 xDSL (github)

Backup link => Click on the button "Pobierz" (file openwrt-lantiq-xrx200-arcadyan_vgv952cjw33-e-ir-smp-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin)
The download is free.

=> Perform the following procedures to upgrade the firmware.

1 Like

If there hope for getting the wifi working beyond ap? I just want it to turn it into a wifi repeater. If this is already possible what am i not seeing? If this is a stupid comment then i apologize in advance.

1 Like

Wow, great that you made new builds, thank you for your effort! This time I installed SMP-build successfully (the previous version did not boot).

Is DSL port used as WAN limited to 100 Mbit/s, or there are options?

If xDSL is active, router not getting gigabit speed on WAN. If you are using the WAN (over ethernet), remove xDSL support:

opkg remove dsl-vrx200-firmware-xdsl-a dsl-vrx200-firmware-xdsl-a-patch \
dsl-vrx200-firmware-xdsl-b dsl-vrx200-firmware-xdsl-b-patch \
kmod-ltq-vdsl-vr9  ltq-vdsl-app ltq-vdsl-mei_test \
ltq-vdsl-vr9-vectoring-fw-installer atm-esi kmod-atm kmod-ltq-atm-vr9 \
kmod-ltq-ptm-vr9 linux-atm br2684ctl kmod-pppoa ppp-mod-pppoa kmod-atmtcp \
atm-diagnostics kmod-ltq-vdsl-vr9-mei --force-depends

Reboot your router.

1 Like

can someone advise me a little how to update Easybox 904 LTE to openwrt.
I have read a lot, but i'm unable to install openwrt. Im lost where to find a working fullimage.img for the LTE Version. I have managed to setup a tftpd and have download a fullimage.img from renericas post. but after writing the File, the router hangs in boot loop. Im still able to load images from TFTP, but i can´t find the right fullimage.img. Any tips whrere to search ? thanks a lot The current Image offered by vodefone can´t be installed with message wrong image.

Despite the name of this thread, it's mostly about the xDSL variant - and while similar, no one has really worked (to completion) on the LTE variant so far. So at this moment, the LTE hardware variant is not supported at all (and technically neither is the xDSL variant, as it needs considerable unmerged/ external patches to work <-- but at least those do exist, while they don't exist for the LTE variant).

thank you for your quick response ;-). looks like i have a new paperweight. ;-(

Can someone provide a link to a recovery image ? Tftp is possible, but no image is accepted. Thanks vossi

You probably will have to set up serial, to find out why they're not accepted.

I can help. If you give me your email address.

spammaddress@outlook.de

serial converter will arrive tomorrow ! Let's see what we can figure out.

Reiner

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to run my own builds, but the box does no accept the recovery/kernel. If I do a sysupgrade, the box is stuck during boot.
I never had problems with the images provided by Zuzia, thus probably I have some mistake during building.

Is there any help?

To be specific and start from the start, should I start with the fork of QAuge, or the (newer) one from Plonk34? If the latter, I tried the branches xrx200-1 and xrx200-3.
Depending on the source, should I use the default config or choose the appropriate Target/Device?
Which packages need to be included, if not included by default?
Are there additional steps, apart from make some-config and compile-building via make?

Thanks and Thanks for the work done so far!

1 Like

my box was a LTE Version. TFTP recover with Image from Zuzia worked like a charm, and restored my box succesfully.

Hello,
thanks for the effort all, so far.

Unfortunately the newest VPE image from Zuzia does not provide the ability to connect Guest Wifi.
The network can be set up but clients cannot receive IP addresses.

I have tried everything and every guide, firewall off and on, firewall trafic exceptions for DNS and DHCP ports added, none works, no IP address for guests. Again, SSID and authentication works, but no DHCP and gateway.

Before anyone challenges me to post my firewall config, I challenge you to bring up the Wifi guest network actually, as no one actually did it in this thread (everyone has vlan 71 or guest interface commented out), and post how. I suspect it is an error in the Zuzia image or kernel. I wonder if the Plonk image works.

Any help is appreciated.

There was a post from Zuzia about how that is not working and a manual patch (which I did not understand ^^), but that was quite some pages ago.
Problem was in the image before too.

I am also interested in how to build a own image, could not exactly figure that out.

Edit:
Confused it with the eth0.2 issue:

If it was the part about w1010 and w1011 having the same mac, I have read it and made sure my w1011 has a different mac.

1 Like

Yes, I see that point. But, to be more precise:
-) My box is the xDSL variant.
-) Zuzia's image works, and TFTP brings me back to it.
-) How do I correctly build my own image?

I know how to build OpenWRT for other hardware, tried all configurations seemingly reasonable to me and both the fork of QAuge and Plonk34.
But my box just does not run with the resulting images.

Thanks again.

Have you seen/tried this?

Hi there,
the build from 27.05.2021 should work (short tested but not the Guest-WLAN see "note").

QAuges repositorie is the main developing branch he is the guy with the know how

My xrx200-3 is the latest branch it is a adjustment from QAuge on Openwrt + some PR and other stuff for other xrx200 Router
(futured branch will called xrx200-4, -5, ... usw.)

but without some small changes without uboot and the WLAN, screen and touchpad driver
(the extra driver are here: https://github.com/Plonkbong/openwrt-feeds-easybox904-driver
and extra packages here: https://github.com/Plonkbong/openwrt-feeds-easybox904-minpkgset most of them for a working screen)
If you want to see how i exact build them on 27.05.2021
You can see it on openwrt_download_xrx200_snapshot-20210527.191445.tar.xz here are build scripts inside which is my build reproducible
see fullowrtbuild-eb904x.sh and them the function: openwrtsource_prepare.
Here are what i have exact done on 27.05.2021

But

I fear that the openwrt developing is going on and the branch will not working now.
When the underlying openwrt have some small lantiq changes it cost much time and energie to adjust the own branch.
The adjustment sucks and is not possible in future the only solution is to add them to openwrt.
But there is not much interrest to add this Router.

Possible reasons why the fullimage fail:
The fullimage are the init-ram-kernel image, it must be smaller them 5MB, because the kernel-partition where it be write to is ca max. 5MB.
The network configuration was generally changed and the default network configuration is not working.
A short workaround after patching is this:

sed s/"add_list "/"# add_list "/ -i target/linux/lantiq/base-files/etc/uci-defaults/80_wifi_setup
1 Like