Support for Cisco MR32

See above: Support for Cisco MR32 - #15 by chunkeey

Ok i have also Problems by compiling the firmware:

make[5]: *** [Makefile:456: /home/domme/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9_musl_eabi/linux-bcm53xx_generic/tmp/openwrt-bcm53xx-generic-tplink_archer-c5-v2-squashfs.bin] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/domme/openwrt/target/linux/bcm53xx/image'
make[4]: *** [Makefile:30: install] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/domme/openwrt/target/linux/bcm53xx'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:11: install] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/domme/openwrt/target/linux'
time: target/linux/install#42.97#13.22#56.28
    ERROR: target/linux failed to build.
make[2]: *** [target/Makefile:25: target/linux/install] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/domme/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [target/Makefile:19: /home/domme/openwrt/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9_musl_eabi/stamp/.target_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/domme/openwrt'
make: *** [/home/domme/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:230: world] Error 2

Okay more and more progress while compiling.
After 4 hours of compiling with out erros ist stopped becaus my 25 GB Linux server run out of space.

I will tell you more when i added more space and compiled 4 hours again!

First thing first:
I Have 6 MR32 waiting to be freed from Meraki...

From now on what i managed to get is this, after hours of compiling:
3 Files:
openwrt-bcm53xx-generic-meraki_mr32.manifest
openwrt-bcm53xx-generic-meraki_mr32-initramfs.bin
openwrt-bcm53xx-generic-meraki_mr32-squashfs.sysupgrade.bin
(if you need one of thoose file i can upload it somewhere for you.

I have a FTDI232 USB adaptator and succesfully connected it to the Meraki MR32.
While booting, the MR32 is giving me a lot of informations via Putty such as this uboot version:
U-Boot 2012.10-00075-g79231c6

Now i need some help to get the next steps. I'll be happy to test anything if someone knows what i should do.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey,
Very nice. Could you upload me the files? Today I will also try the TTL USB adapter and try to flash the MR.

I will give you updates later

And here are the files!

1 Like

How to go on. Ther is also an download for the Firmware

1 Like

Thanks! I learned a lot with this article.
Sadly i think i won't be able to go further. After reading this article : https://snt.sh/2016/02/pwning-the-meraki-mr18/ , i found out that my firmware version was: 25-201807091103-G1dfc8e26-aacharya
So, if i understood it well, i won't be able to root my devices unless there is a way to downgrade?

I tried to press reset for 10 sec., but every time a reboot occurs the answers to commands such as

odm serial_num read

are : UNRECOGNIZED COMMAND LOGGED TO CLOUD SERVERS

Hey i Need your help. How to connect putty and so.
Maybe just if you want we could talk via an normal Messenger like WhatsApp or telegram :slight_smile:

Sure! Whatsapp is ok for me : The name is DaFarmer with the same avatar i have here :slight_smile:

How would we give us the numbers for WhatsApp?
Do you want to email me?

d.eisenberg@outlook.de

Now i got the MR to get the Firmware from the Web server. But Than this happens.

Unbenannt

Can someone help pls

Do you mind sharing your initramfs.bin again? I compiled my own initramfs but when booting the MR32 I'm getting errors.

[    4.630000] Mapping 10362880 bytes for /dev/mtdblock/part.safe
[    4.680000] find_itb_subimage: error finding kernel@1: FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
[    4.680000] find_itb_subimage: error finding ramdisk@1: FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
[    4.690000] find_itb_subimage: error finding fdt@2: FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
[    4.700000] kexec_raw: kexec_load: Cannot assign requested address
[    6.440000] Mapping 10235904 bytes for /dev/mtdblock/part.old
[    6.480000] Meraki-build is 23-191963

Thanks!

Hello! I have a MR32 decommissioned. In case someone needs it to work on creating an image for it, you can let me know.

I have an firmware build if you need but it’s 1 year old and I’m still getting the can resize error.

Thank you, but I don't have a lot of free cycles to work on it. I was more thinking to ship it to some developer.

hi sir, i am very interesting for cisco meraki mr33 rom, would u mind share it with me? my email address is narie@qq.com thanks! let we discuss more about this device

hi sir, would u mind share these file again? i am very interesting for this device cisco meraki mr32, my email address is narie@qq.com thanks! let we discuss more about this device

You do realize that this is the MR32 thread. Please head over to the MR33 specific one e.g.

Or have a look at the following discussion on github where you should be able to find what you are looking for

1 Like

Hello all,
Also have one MR32, please share any updates if we are able to flash it with OpenWrt. The guide is not exist anymore.
Please advice. Thank you.

Guide from :
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/quickstart-build-images