Support for Asus RT-AC51U

In TOH it Asus RT-AC51U is mentioned as "Possible to Support". I can not find any downloadable LEDE build for RT-AC51U. As far as I understand similar devices are supported and their images are readily available. So, If I have to compile the the image for this device, how should I proceed?

FYI: Device Info

You need to take "possible to support" literally, it means the hardware specifications look quite promising without any obvious problems, but no one owns such a device and has started working on it. Accordingly there currently is no support and nor firmware image ready for it, but it probably wouldn't be too difficult once someone with the required knowledge and experience gets it in their hands.

You need to take "possible to support" literally, it means the hardware specifications look quite promising without any obvious problems, but no one owns such a device and has started working on it.

Thanks for your reply :grinning:. I totally understand. I own the device and I'm ready to make my hands dirty. It would be really helpful if someone point me in the right direction. Asus firmware source is publicly available, so it should not be too difficult to start from there. Even if I fail, in the process I can learn many things and enhance my skill set.

Hello,

I got one of this router at home, and managed to install OpenWRT on it almost 2 years ago (more information here).

I will try to install LEDE on it when I will have some free time.

Francis.

I will try to install LEDE on it when I will have some free time.

Thank you @Francis for your kind effort. That would be great. However can you tell me exactly how will you proceed to build LEDE for this device since it is not officially supported. I just wanted to learn so that I can do the same for someone else in the future. I would try to build LEDE for some other unsupported routers as well.

I too would be very interested in this. Or, if you have no time after all, could you perhaps summarise the working result from the openwrt thread?