Hey there I have an WRT3200ACM that has been running OpenWRT for years now. I have updated OpenWRT a few times on it and am at 19.07.
So this is setup as a pretty standard AP that is directly connected to WAN and I haven't changed any settings on it for months and months. But suddenly yesterday the internet was not working. I rebooted my router and my modem and it didn't do anything (always worth a shot). I did a quick check and figured out it was the DNS. I could ping 184.108.40.206 but no webpages were loading.
So I ended up setting up dns forwarding in LUCI to be
That got everything working. However I later remembered that I have a few things on my local network that I can no longer access any more.
So it really seems strange to me that suddenly my DNS config broke. But what I really want to figure out is how to get it working again.
Here is my config
config dnsmasq option domainneeded '1' option localise_queries '1' option rebind_protection '1' option rebind_localhost '1' option local '/lan/' option domain 'lan' option expandhosts '1' option authoritative '1' option readethers '1' option leasefile '/tmp/dhcp.leases' option resolvfile '/tmp/resolv.conf.auto' option localservice '1' config dhcp 'lan' option interface 'lan' option start '100' option limit '150' option leasetime '12h' config dhcp 'wan' option interface 'wan' option ignore '1' config odhcpd 'odhcpd' option maindhcp '0' option leasefile '/tmp/hosts/odhcpd' option leasetrigger '/usr/sbin/odhcpd-update'