Stuck with HT-TM02 can't access 192.168.1.1

should i first power on the device or connect the serial port?

serial port should be connected, and putty running 1st, if you want to catch all output.

you should check your soldering, looks like there could be short circuits.

i did check soldering again, there is no short on the hootoo board, and to make sure about the serial port, i taped individual points to ensure safer joints. i also just saw this error coming up

well, if it works, it works ...

temp short the RX and TX pins (can be done on the HooToo side, don't unsolder anything),
with the HooToo switched off, what ever you type in Putty should be echoed back to you.

when i click on open, it just give me a warning sound that windows gives by default

is there any alternative to putty ??

or any other solution other than this serial port

not really, even serial might be insufficient, depending on level of dead (soft brick vs hard brick).

what is more than a serial port ?? and how to test serial port

flash memory writer, like a CH341A.

you already been given info on how to test the serial port, at least from the Windows side.

but nothing happens when i click open on putty, what is that issue?

what else did you do, putty won't produce any output on its own ...

honestly, nothing, what all i have to do more, i told already bro, its my first time that i even saw a serial port

if the putty is up and running, and there's no output when you switch on the TooHoo, you should try to switch the RX and TX pins.
if it doesn't produce any output, you'll need to get the flash memory writer, or retire the device.

how to check if putty is running or not

Baud rate 57600.

Do the loopback test first to be sure you're using the right port and the serial chip is supported by Windows. The PL2303 series has some compatibility issues.

Tera Term works well. I can't get Putty to configure or even see the USB serial ports.

Can someone help me with the flash programmer for the HooToo HT-TM02, stock or openwrt any will work for me as long as i am able to put this device back to useable state.

The HT-TM02 retails for $21.99 U.S. (HooToo site).

You'll probably wind up spending more to recover it than the device is worth.

Might be time to just get another device.

1 Like

i am from india, and if i purchase it here, shipping cost makes it extra expensive, the flash programmer is only $3.5 here.