Stuck at upgrading "Downloading firmware from server to browser"

I am stuck upgrading my router at the step in the title. waiting 5 minutes is not enough, nothing happens.
This is using luci's attended upgrade software.

I am having issues with downloads using my dynalink wrx-36 anyway. I get a lot of "download failed" in any browser. clicking retry around 10-50 times makes it work because it stays downloading piece by piece while failing again in seconds.
This is with my wireguard connection on or off, that does not matter. The wrx-36 is connected to a vodafone router that has the cable connection in, and is set to bridge mode. Besides i never had issues with previous two routers...

this is kind of expected if your internet goes down ...

post dmesg, at least the parts where the WRX is complaining about stuff.

I cant even download any ssl file anymore.
The attended upgrade system refused to work, and i found after some googling that i need to remove a ssl package and use openssl. I saw that openssl was already installed, so i removed wolfssl(i think) and now i cant install anything anymore. the opkg update command also does not work.
I tried to manually upload ipk files but it says its incorrect architecture. (both arm and x86 wont work)

The error shown when trying to update packages is:

wget: SSL support not available, please install one of the libustream-.*[ssl|tls] packages as well as the ca-bundle and ca-certificates packages.

internet is not down. i can load any page without problems. apps and games also run fine. Downloads with a browser fail after mere seconds.(or less) retrying starts them up again. doing this a lot results in a complete download.

Loading web pages are also downloads, you just don't see them.

There's a know issue where sysupgrade fails to kill wpad, it needs to be stopped manually.

The issue is the following:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libwolfsslcpu-crypto.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:185: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:150: _call_manifest] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:269: manifest] Error 2

But when deleting this conflicting file, nothing works anymore. That's a really big bug then that's super annoying. I have now manually flashed a firmware image and will try to restore configuration...
Thank you for the replys and your time! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.