Struggling to understand and fix multicast issues with sonos speakers and home assistant

Hi,

I really could use some help, I have an issue with sonos speakers and UPnP errors when interacting from a Home assistant addon called Music assistant.

I started a thread on discord with the developer about it and I have done a reasonable amount of research about it , but I am stuck now my knowledge about dlna, multicast and UPnP and I guess Openwrt is very limited and I dont know what else to install or configure to get this working.

This is the UPnP error I get UPnP Error 718 received: Invalid InstanceID from 192.168.1.171

Ive tried installing and configuring umdns following the openwrt docs without success.

My speakers are using 2.4GHZ wifi and the Home assistant is on a rapsberry pi plugged into an unmanaged linksys switch connected to a Linksys WRT1900ACS router running OpenWrt 22.03.2 r19803-9a599fee93 / LuCI openwrt-22.03 branch git-23.292.78392-9f66674

the developer has suggested

in almost all cases this is an issue with switches with a bad IGMP snooping implementation or a setting in the WiFi gear that filters or corrupts the multicast announcements

but I'm not sure where to go from here IGMP snooping research always leads me to IGMPproxy which to the best of my understanding is more for IPTV.

any help/direction would be really appreciated