Strip of all PPP and IPv6 components and use Luci-nginx?

Hello, I'm trying to compile my own firmware for my Netgear R8000 from git master. I'm having a make error related to no ipv6 module found for linux-bcm53xx_generic and I noticed Luci and some other components depend on PPP/PPPoE and IPv6 modules.

My ISP does not provide an IPv6 address or utilise PPP at all. How would I go on about compiling my firmware image without those components? I understand that my router has plenty of flash and memory, but I would like to strip anything I don't need for sanity and to get the best performance out of my router.

Make error:

$ make -j1 V=s
[..]
ERROR: module '/home/alastor/OpenWRT/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9_musl_eabi/linux-bcm53xx_generic/linux-5.4.36/net/ipv6/netfilter/nft_reject_ipv6.ko' is missing.
make[3]: *** [modules/netfilter.mk:1068: /home/alastor/OpenWRT/openwrt/bin/targets/bcm53xx/generic/packages/kmod-nft-core_5.4.36-1_arm_cortex-a9.ipk] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/alastor/OpenWRT/openwrt/package/kernel/linux'
time: package/kernel/linux/compile#3.70#0.24#3.20
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:113: package/kernel/linux/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/alastor/OpenWRT/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:107: /home/alastor/OpenWRT/openwrt/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a9_musl_eabi/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/alastor/OpenWRT/openwrt'
make: *** [/home/alastor/OpenWRT/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:220: world] Error 2
1 Like

same error here, "nft_reject_ipv6.ko' is missing." how to compile without the ipv6?

Little late to the party but I think you chose "net offload" in menuconfig and hence you're getting that error. There's a simple workaround. Make changes to two files =>
kmod-nft-reject: Fix for "nft_reject_ipv4.ko missing" warning

I was building with IPv6_CONFIG off on 22.03 RC3 tonight and encountered this same ""nft_reject_ipv6.ko' is missing" error. Thanks so much for your post and recommended fix, resolved!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.